Home Sports Talk

Hey Richard Sherman....

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
You mad or sad bro?? image

Comments

• FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't his fault at all. He played his game well.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly you have no clue what it means, he needled Brady a couple years ago after we lost to them in Seattle and got in his face saying "you mad bro?"
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a classy move for him to approach Brady and shake hands. My opinion of Sherman was not high, initially, but I have greater regard for him over the past year or so.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Clearly I do know exactly what it means, which is why I linked the picture.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sherman played a good game I thought considering he was banged up.

<< <i>Clearly I do know exactly what it means, which is why I linked the picture. >>

clearly you don't understand I was talking to favre fan lol
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>

<< <i>Clearly I do know exactly what it means, which is why I linked the picture. >>

clearly you don't understand I was talking to favre fan lol >>

Clearly, I wasn't clear on THAT! ha!

<< <i>

<< <i>

clearly you don't understand I was talking to favre fan lol >>

Clearly, I wasn't clear on THAT! ha! >>

• JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    After all the crap he got last year with Crabtree and his poor-winner attitude, he had to come out and be the bigger man if they lost. Whether he is the bigger man is still up to debate.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

<< <i>24 >>

Nice...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

I'm a Pats fan and I like Sherman , he is a fiery guy and there is nothing wrong with that.

The Pats overall , if anything are a little boring , personality wise they never seem to let loose .
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Richard Sherman has earned my respect. Classy response after a New England defeat that would have probably been a win over Indianapolis if the NFL had any backbone.
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I knew what it meant. I was just stating a fact he played well and the 'hawks outcoached themselves.

<< <i>Richard Sherman has earned my respect. >>

why? he was openly mocking his opponent while his team was assuming the lead.

overall, he has set us straight since last season's memorable performance on Crabtree.

he's a loyal teammate. a fierce competitor. a VERY intelligent man.

however, his spirit occasionally gets the best of him. like his coach.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>however, his spirit occasionally gets the best of him. like his coach. >>

Can you name a time that the man has broken the rules to win a game? I suppose there was a pass interference or three, but I am talking about a systematic week after week attempt to cheat other teams.

Bu default any rule following player and coach has earned my respect, at least this season.
    this year. oh. ok. i was about ready to give you grief over Brandon Browner. image
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Why all the attention on Sherman and Lynch anyway? Russell Wilson is probably the best role model in the entire league, a great team leader, humble, smart, takes responsibility when it's called for, and interacts well with the media. He should be the team's focal point.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Considering Sherman may need Tommy John surgery I thought he played a great game. He really makes a ton of plays on running plays and came up and stopped many of them. Earl Thomas who also got injured in the NFC Championship really didn't have it in the SB, having seen him all year he wasn't the same. All credit to the Patriots, injuries are apart of how you play in the final game of the year. Doug
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    LOL @ internet gloating less than 24 hours after your anus was puckered up because you were sure your team (who doesn't care if you live or die) was going to lose. Pretty typical Patshole move. Stay classy.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>however, his spirit occasionally gets the best of him. like his coach. >>

Can you name a time that the man has broken the rules to win a game? I suppose there was a pass interference or three, but I am talking about a systematic week after week attempt to cheat other teams. >>

Well, there was the whole getting busted for a banned substance thing that got overturned on a technicality.

<< <i>LOL @ internet gloating less than 24 hours after your anus was puckered up because you were sure your team (who doesn't care if you live or die) was going to lose. Pretty typical Patshole move. Stay classy. >>

What are you muttering about?

Whatever LOL typical sour grapes from a Baltimore fan, talk about a classy organization image
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL @ internet gloating less than 24 hours after your anus was puckered up because you were sure your team (who doesn't care if you live or die) was going to lose. Pretty typical Patshole move. Stay classy. >>

I'm a cowboys fan and thought about making the same type of thread if I wasn't bound and gagged and put in my closet haha.
    I'm sure being a Pats fan had something to do with Paul's thread. However the true motivating factor, imo, has more to do with Sherman being the obnoxious db he was at the time he followed Brady across the field, a few years back, being a first rate punk.

<< <i>

I'm a cowboys fan and thought about making the same type of thread if I wasn't bound and gagged and put in my closet haha.
    I'm sure being a Pats fan had something to do with Paul's thread. However the true motivating factor, imo, has more to do with Sherman being the obnoxious db he was at the time he followed Brady across the field, a few years back, being a first rate punk. >>

First off HI & Welcome back MATT image

Matt is 100% correct, my motivation was absolutely in regards to Sherman taunting Brady after beating us back in 2012 nothing more nothing less in fact I was so wrapped up in this stunning victory I didnt even realize how classy Sherman acted after the game congratulating Brady. I really dont have an issue with Richard Sherman and I tip my hat off to him for being humble and acting like a gentleman following the game.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Paul. It's good to be back..thanks image

I agree about Sherman. I don't have an issue with him now. At the time, I thought he was a tool but it's my belief people can change.
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherman is well educated, well spoken, a great humanitarian off the field... yet still a total d-bag at times who is really full of himself, particularly when his team is winning (See 2...4.).

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sherman is well educated, well spoken, a great humanitarian off the field... yet still a total d-bag at times who is really full of himself, particularly when his team is winning (See 2...4.). >>

This pretty much sums him up!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sherman is well educated, well spoken, a great humanitarian off the field... yet still a total d-bag at times who is really full of himself, particularly when his team is winning (See 2...4.). >>

This quote describes a great many players in the NFL, Brady included. I think it's interesting the way people develop a narrative of who the heros and villains are FIRST, and then cherry pick information to feed their position. It really stinks of intellectual dishonesty. I guess that's sort of par for sports talk these days, though.

Sherman on Brady

<< <i>

This quote describes a great many players in the NFL, Brady included. I think it's interesting the way people develop a narrative of who the heros and villains are FIRST, and then cherry pick information to feed their position. It really stinks of intellectual dishonesty. I guess that's sort of par for sports talk these days, though.

Sherman on Brady >>

I dont think anyone here looks at any of these sports figures as heroes or villains, I mean not everyone has a stick up their butt like yourself and is so uptite he cant enjoy sports and the banter that goes along with it.

"intellectual dishonesty" ??? gimme a break and log off if sports talk frustrates you so much..
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Sherman on Brady >>

No one has inferred that Sherman is the only NFL player who acts this way (see Bryant, Dez for instance) so your attempt to build that particular strawman fails. Your YT video tends to just reinforce the impression that Sherman has a rather childish attitude; he's making accusations that haven't been verified despite myriad cameras and mikes on and around the field... and I would hope no one's trying to liken Brady arguing with a ref over a call (something done by every QB in the league) to the things Sherman's done. That all said, I'm neither a Pats nor a Brady fan... so feel free to show me a clip...any clip...of Tom Brady screaming and yelling at a reporter about an opposing player, or any sideline clips of Brady making fun of or belittling an opponent during a game like Sherman's done on multiple occasions and I'll concede your points.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

<< <i>image >>

Call me crazy but I cant remember Brady ever getting in front of the camera and acting like that, showboating or anything. Im not saying he is a saint but it is what it is
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Call me crazy but I cant remember Brady ever getting in front of the camera and acting like that, showboating or anything. Im not saying he is a saint but it is what it is >>

Exactly.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

He runs his mouth a little that doesn't make him a dbag. He plays clean .

He is no Rodney Harrison and he was a favorite here in Patriots Nation.

The Pats would take him in a heartbeat if he was available as would any other team.
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
    How about this one orioles93?