Home Sports Talk
Options

Horrible horrible play call.

seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
Just sayin'

One yard to go with lynch and time to run out. Thought that after that on his back catch it was destiny. Heckuva game. I would Hate to be a Seattle fan

Still had three tries to get one yard with lynch and timeouts...run!!

The pats biased Rodney Harrison even said no defense in the world stops marshawn lynch in this situation.
Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image

Comments

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    The game was WON............RUN THE BALL !!
    Seahawk fans have got to be pissed!
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inexplicable.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the Seattle coaches won't sleep for 3 or 4 nights thinking about that one.

Every sports show for the next week will be saying "why didn't you run the ball????"
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    Years...this will haunt Seattle and wilson for years. Every time someone says Brady and patriots are best ever.
    Agree...talk shows talking about this all week.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Fitting though that all fans but New England will see them as the champions with an asterisk. With all the stuff with Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson, and with the champs 99% chance of playing outside of the rules set by the NFL....what a way to end the season. Bring on baseball........the NFL is arrogant beyond belief.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Someone was payed off
  • Options

<< <i>Someone was payed off >>

LOL, that is funny..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Wrestle king, wasn't sure about the NFL being arrogant until Robert kraft just said the nation as a whole needed this win in times like these. u called that one. Unreal.

If anyone paid off..some guy bet a million dollars on the pats. Roller coaster lucky win.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I'd have to agree that Pete C really screwed the poach on this one. Why the hell would you throw the ball when you had Lynch on the one yard line?
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    What could you possibly say to justify that call?
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "What could you possibly say to justify that call?"

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    Worst call in SB history, it's not even debatable. The game was over.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Worst call in SB history, it's not even debatable. The game was over. >>

I'd have to agree with that.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was watching the game with 3 other Pats fans and we all assumed Seattle would run the clock down we were speechless. How can they call that 31 yard play for lynch 2 plays earlier and then not let him run it in?

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    With a close NE win, now the fun begins.....
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should have been a no brainer if you have a running back like Lynch. Of course KC held them on 4th down 3 times. It's a good thing that I wasn't coaching because I probably would have let Lynch score and then let Brady have the ball with a minute left. The advertisers got their moneys worth in this game.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Worst call in SB history, it's not even debatable. The game was over. >>

I'd have to agree with that. >>

+2

Wow what a bonehead coach.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to regurgitate the obvious, but what I'd really love to know is if the Pats were going to part the red sea if the Hawks ran the ball.

Think about it. Three downs to get a yard with :26 left. Does stopping them three times sound plausible? Highly, highly unlikely. And for every down they did, precious seconds would evaporate. If I'm Belichick, I give up the touch, preserve the remaining seconds, then let Brady & Co. roll with two timeouts.

I didn't have a dog in this fight, but if it ever comes to light that they were going to let them score, I might have to puke a little as well.
  • Options

<< <i>Not going to regurgitate the obvious, but what I'd really love to know is if the Pats were going to part the red sea if the Hawks ran the ball.

Think about it. Three downs to get a yard with :26 left. Does stopping them three times sound plausible? Highly, highly unlikely. And for every down they did, precious seconds would evaporate. If I'm Belichick, I give up the touch, preserve the remaining seconds, then let Brady & Co. roll with two timeouts.

I didn't have a dog in this fight, but if it ever comes to light that they were going to let them score, I might have to puke a little as well. >>

we were all guessing where I was thats why he didnt call a time out.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, Jeremy Lane's injury was as gruesome as it gets. If you have a squeamish stomach, don't go there.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    That moment when you realize your coach just made the worst play call in the history of the game.

snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Maybe most of you haters hated that last play but I LOVED IT.

Eat your hearts out HATERS.

The better team won!

YEA YEA YEA
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the worst play call in the history of FB...when it counted.

Both teams played great relatively equally matched.

Why on earth if you can't hand it to the bulldozer then have Wilson do a play option and throw a pass if he can't run it in.

An incomplete pass at least stops the clock.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Irvin showed their true class by starting a fight.

Poor losers!
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you like to be Pete Carroll as the Seattle sports guys put the big piranha on his backside !!!

Clearly the DUMBEST CALL IN FOOTBALL HISTORY !!!...BAR NONE !!!!

A 6 year old kid would have run Marshawn.

• Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

You mean the Steeler team that basically was at the forefront of steroid abuse?

I'm glad the Patriots won...the inflated ball fiasco was such an overblown element in every shape and form. Considering every QB gets to roughen the ball up to their liking(altering it in some form or other, therefore making it a different ball that was given to them to use), they are all making the ball advantageous for their team, and thus are on equal footing. A ball at 12.3 PSI, compared to another guys roughed up sand papered ball at 12.5 PSI, is of no competitive advantage.

They didn't get to Six Super Bowls because of that. No way, no how.

Then you look at Steeler fans claiming the Pats cheated, when they had an inordinate amount of guys die from the Steeler Curtain team, from Steroid abuse. That team was on the leading edge in steroids, and had a much more competitive advantage over other teams...unlike the balls where each team manipulates it to their liking, therefore eliminating any competitive advantage.

Too bad the Pats lost Gronk for that one Super Bowl, and another one of those playoff runs...because they would have won two more.

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    in school, at the very least, you wait until some punk kid kicks you and demands your lunch money.

Bevell just handed it over without so much as a whimper.

hindsight is easy. always will be. lost amid the 2nd guesses will be discussion of Kearse's mind-boggling catch to set up a chance for them to win at all.

had they finished off the job, he would have been added to the legends of Tyree and Manningham. oh well.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Irvin showed their true class by starting a fight.

Poor losers! >>

You must have missed Gronk jawing at the Seahawks before that... it's always the retaliation that gets blamed. I like Gronk but he definitely started that mess.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Question-was it Carroll or the OC who made the call?
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Irvin showed their true class by starting a fight.

Poor losers! >>

You must have missed Gronk jawing at the Seahawks before that... it's always the retaliation that gets blamed. I like Gronk but he definitely started that mess. >>

Even if that's true ( and I've yet to see any footage of it)...Big difference between trash talking and acting like thugs. Just saying

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    In 2014, from the 1-yard line, rushes resulted in a TD 57% of the time (and probably higher when you have Beast Mode on your team). For passes, it was also 57% of the time. So, maybe it was just a *bad* play call and not a *horrible horrible* one. image
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Maybe the Seattle coaches were figuring Lynch wouldn't be re-signed in the offseason. So they figured they'd see what it would be like without relying on him, starting right away near the end of the SB! LOL
  • Options

Didn't they spend like 40 seconds deciding to call that play? The team was milling around a lot they looked confused about what they were going to do.

I think Seattle had more talent on the field last night but they didn't play as hard as a unit. Individual players had good overall games , or singular great plays but they lacked discipline .

There were penalties that hurt them at key points too. Conversely the Pats were set back by some 10 yard penalties in the second half but overcame them.

• Options

<< <i>Fitting though that all fans but New England will see them as the champions with an asterisk. With all the stuff with Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson, and with the champs 99% chance of playing outside of the rules set by the NFL....what a way to end the season. Bring on baseball........the NFL is arrogant beyond belief. >>

lol you are the most ignorant Pats hater ever, but enjoy your anger and cry your eyes out over the fact that the New England Patriots have FOUR count 'em 4 SUPER BOWL VICTORIES hahahahahahaha!!!!
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Fitting though that all fans but New England will see them as the champions with an asterisk. With all the stuff with Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson, and with the champs 99% chance of playing outside of the rules set by the NFL....what a way to end the season. Bring on baseball........the NFL is arrogant beyond belief. >>

lol you are the most ignorant Pats hater ever, but enjoy your anger and cry your eyes out over the fact that the New England Patriots have FOUR count 'em 4 SUPER BOWL VICTORIES hahahahahahaha!!!! >>

I'm a 49er fan so I am good and the Patriots have nothing on them. The fact that many people rooted for the Seahawks when they are probably the most obnoxious team in the league says something about the Patriots. I like Brady as he was a 49er fan growing up and is a California guy. You just see your team through your fandom and not how others do. There is not a conspiracy to make up things on the Pats, they do it themselves.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of either team but was glad to see a good game. For SB purposes I was a Pats fan...and just happy to see loudmouth Sherman about ready to cry on the sidelines. image

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Belichick outflanked Carroll by not calling a time out. For sure if the Pats call time out with 1:06 left Lynch gets the ball three times. By not calling a time out he was only guaranteed two runs.

This is just one of the reasons Belichick is the greatest coach ever

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

You mean the Steeler team that basically was at the forefront of steroid abuse?

I'm glad the Patriots won...the inflated ball fiasco was such an overblown element in every shape and form. Considering every QB gets to roughen the ball up to their liking(altering it in some form or other, therefore making it a different ball that was given to them to use), they are all making the ball advantageous for their team, and thus are on equal footing. A ball at 12.3 PSI, compared to another guys roughed up sand papered ball at 12.5 PSI, is of no competitive advantage.

They didn't get to Six Super Bowls because of that. No way, no how.

Then you look at Steeler fans claiming the Pats cheated, when they had an inordinate amount of guys die from the Steeler Curtain team, from Steroid abuse. That team was on the leading edge in steroids, and had a much more competitive advantage over other teams...unlike the balls where each team manipulates it to their liking, therefore eliminating any competitive advantage.

Every team did steroids in the 70's. They were not against NFL rules in those days.

The Seahawks were clearly the better team yesterday. They just gave the game away for reasons unbeknowest.

. >>

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't waste your time Paul...haters are haters. My next door neighbor "hates" Belichick, but she isn't sure why...WTF???

Pats won the superbowl, case closed...and I predict Brady will win at least 1 or 2 more before he quits...that'll really P&ss off the haters!!!

BTW, enjoy da snow up there. imageimage

Al

• Options

• Options
    Hey Garnett keep putting in work with your sour grapes, the Pats are Champions regardless son!!! so sorry lol lol lol lol
  • Options
    I was annoyed when Sherman started mocking Revis, mouthing the numbers two four(Revis’s number), when he gave up an easy TD, thanks to the ref screening him out of the play.
    What made that moment so ironically sweet was that the Seahawks ended up stuck at... 24 points.
    Karma?

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    Lets all remember 24 and all the haters too.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems someone needs some help with the result

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think Belichick outflanked Carroll by not calling a time out. For sure if the Pats call time out with 1:06 left Lynch gets the ball three times. By not calling a time out he was only guaranteed two runs.

This is just one of the reasons Belichick is the greatest coach ever

MJ >>

Gonna have to strongly disagree with that one. Belichik messed up not called a timeout cause the Seahawks could have easily pulled off three running plays if they wanted to and if they scored, which was highly likely before the dumbass call, the Pats would have been toast and stuck with two timeouts in their pocket.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports