Home U.S. Coin Forum

NO ASE's from San Francisco This year???

Has anyone else heard that there are no American Silver Eagles being minted this year from SF???

What have / do you know???

I had 1 on order from e-bay and now there are saying they aren't minting any!!

Blessings

Comments

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    With a gazillion minted last year I doubt if WP could handle that load....maybe they just start later than WP
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not heard either way..... Cheers, RickO
  • they got to make them....they need the money!
  • I pre-ordered some from one of the big dealers who cancelled my order saying there will be no "S" silver eagles minted this year.

Thank you for your recent order with APMEX. Unfortunately there was a discrepancy with item #86084, 2015 (S) Silver American Eagle MS-69 PCGS (First Strike) 1/30. The US Mint has advised they are not currently producing 2015 Silver Eagles at the San Francisco Mint, and we will not be able to fill your order with S Mint coins
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unfortunate that there will not be a no "S" silver eagle to go with the no "W" this year.

They would have made a nice matched pair! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I pre-ordered some from one of the big dealers who cancelled my order saying there will be no "S" silver eagles minted this year.

Thank you for your recent order with APMEX. Unfortunately there was a discrepancy with item #86084, 2015 (S) Silver American Eagle MS-69 PCGS (First Strike) 1/30. The US Mint has advised they are not currently producing 2015 Silver Eagles at the San Francisco Mint, and we will not be able to fill your order with S Mint coins >>

"not currently" means "not now" to me.

Someone needs to ask
    When
    Why
    How behind when decision making

Commemoratives and annual sets slowing them down?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I just hope the "quality" at the WP mint doesn't go down having to make ALL of the ASE's . . . image

Blessings
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SF mint was used to help meet record ASE demand. It appears ASE order numbers have returned to the point where WP can handled the load.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>SF mint was used to help meet record ASE demand. It appears ASE order numbers have returned to the point where WP can handled the load. >>

Hmmm...

<< <i>January 2015 sales of the one-ounce, 99.9% pure silver coins topped the year-ago January level of 4,775,000 by 15.8%. >>

• johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

WP Mint must be working 3 shifts . . . LOL

Blessings

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file