Home U.S. Coin Forum

GTG/GTCP, Long beach newps! Grades Posted

scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just got back from Long Beach with a couple new buys to show for it. It was a fun day on the bourse and I'll try to put together a trip report later this weekend (probably during the halftime show)

Anyway, here they are, delightfully displayed on CollectiveCoin (which everyone should check out)image Anyone want to guess the grade? GTCP stands for "guess the cherrypick", and refers to the last coin. The photos are iPhone photos, just to add to the challenge.

imageimage
imageimage

Comments

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice B-1, I like that die state with the 5 in the date crumbling.

Still missing the marriage in my collection

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• 410a410a Posts: 1,325
    Dimes ........45............53......
  • rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great quarter. Who cares if it's been cleaned a bit? So hard to find a B-1 with that much detail.

I will guess PCGS AU53 on the 1835 dime, PCGS AU58 on the 1833.
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    1st one is almost too dark of an image to guess on

1835....au55
    1833...au58

i lightened up the 1835 below to guess on
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

Thanks Teddy, that actually looks much closer to the coin. These pics were not the greatest.

For the quarter guys, did you see the attribution on the slab? Seems like a pretty big mistake there. I saw it in the case with the filled in "5" and thought "huh, here's one I won't have to haggle over".
  • jomjom Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post..
  • jomjom Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks Teddy, that actually looks much closer to the coin. These pics were not the greatest.

For the quarter guys, did you see the attribution on the slab? Seems like a pretty big mistake there. I saw it in the case with the filled in "5" and thought "huh, here's one I won't have to haggle over". >>

I just bought an 1825 with the B2 label but was actually a B3 instead....not as big a mistake for a B1 but still....

Your 1833 dime is also a "last 3 high" so that isn't bad either.

Anyway, nice catch!

jom
    Ok here are the grades:

1835 Dime - AU55

1833 Dime - AU55

1825 Quarter - Still cleaned VF, but is the R-5 B1 variety instead of the B2 it states on the holder.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice dimes - hard to find them that look like that!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you did very well.... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file