Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1960 Jefferson - So close to Full Step!!

WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know this is a tough date for Full Step coins and this one comes close... also a very nice looking coin.

imageimage

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    wow soooooooooo close to greatness image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    Keep on looking you will find one soon! Hey I sound like a fortune cookieimage
  • Options
    BigDowgieBigDowgie Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, super nice 1960. I'd place that one in my raw set all day long!!!
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little insight. The strike of the 1960-P can be compared to the 1950-P. And the 1940-P. My theory is, the US Mint used the master hubs in 10 year intervals. Two of the 3 early die state struck coins show the raised lines of the cutting tool that cut the master dies. Link I also don't believe I will find better strikes for those 3 coins. They're as earliest of a die state they can get.
    As for the 1960-P, I've been lucky to find two nice examples in over 23 years although the second coin does not have 5 complete steps but I do like the strike.

Like the others have said, nice coin. Looks like a keeper until you upgrade the steps.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Why this did not ascend to the top when I posted is beyond me? image

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So very close.... nice coin... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    A little insight. The strike of the 1960-P can be compared to the 1950-P. And the 1940-P. My theory is, the US Mint used the master hubs in 10 year intervals. Two of the 3 early die state struck coins show the raised lines of the cutting tool that cut the master dies. Link I also don't believe I will find better strikes for those 3 coins. They're as earliest of a die state they can get.
    As for the 1960-P, I've been lucky to find two nice examples in over 23 years although the second coin does not have 5 complete steps but I do like the strike.

Like the others have said, nice coin. Looks like a keeper until you upgrade the steps.

Leo

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those early 1960's Jefferson are stoppers. This one does have a
    well above average strike. A keeper.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file