Home Precious Metals
Options

British Royal Mint begins selling gold bars

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, they did. You apparently missed them image

This significant branded bar is the largest from The Royal Mint Refinery and contains 100 g of 999.9 gold. The bar is presented in serialised security packaging sealed in a protective package to securely transport and preserve your bullion bar, which is supplied with an individually numbered certificate. RMR gold bars are VAT free for individuals and meet the criteria for UK citizens to buy them through a Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) or Small Self-Administered Scheme (SSAS) and benefit from up to 45% tax relief on their gold purchases.

Royal Mint Gold Bars - SOLD OUT
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, I'd better keep my eyes open
    for them. I don't mind getting a few
    of these !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appear to be easy to duplicate.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stackers. Gold always stacks nicer than silver to me. And it takes up less space. AND people can put it into their IRA (well not that kind here, but that kind there)
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I would like to see something on there other than the words "Royal Mint Refinery"... it doesn't even say what country it's from, much less that it's an official government product of the UK. Canada also has a "Royal Mint", and I'm sure there are also lots of private companies out there that use the word "Royal" in their name. OK looking bar, but it fails from a branding perspective for me.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Appear to be easy to duplicate. >>

That was my first thought---too easy to counterfeit. If I'm going to buy gold as bullion I'd rather buy AGE's or .999 US gold buffalos.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will stick to AGE's or Buffs.... I believe the liquidity, should it be necessary, will be much better... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    I'd buy them for near melt. No way I'm paying a premium for these. The design is very unappealing.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.