Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade it for me - 82T Ripken

Extra large scans to highlight the flaws. My expectations are somewhere less than 10 image I haven't sent in any 82s so have no experience how tough they are on this card/issue in general.

Comments

• Options
    7. First!
  • Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Greater than or equal to 7, but less than or equal to 8.
  • Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like fingernail marks or some surface issue top left so I say 5/6. If those are not on the card I'm calling 7 due to 3 touched corners.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    If I pulled from a pack I think I'd have an 8.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    7-8

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to double-check for any surface issue, didn't notice any before the blown-up scan. 8 is what my initial thought was, but wasn't sure if there would be a deduction for PD/ST on the back. Since the 7 sells for pretty much the same price as an 8, I guess it's worth submitting either way. Thanks to all who have commented so far and any other additional are welcome!
  • Options

<< <i>If I pulled from a pack I think I'd have an 8. >>

It's actually from a 'vending case fresh' set I recently purchased. I'll be going through the rest tomorrow to check for any other submittable stars/low pops. I'm hoping if the Ripken is 7-8ish there are some hidden gems.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    8 assuming surface is good. nice card.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I'd also go with a "7" based upon the two right corners. Is that "dot" next to Ripken's name on the card or the scanner? Hopefully it's not on the card, because it's right in the middle and could be very distracting, possibly lowering the grade.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    That's an 8.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd also go with a "7" based upon the two right corners. Is that "dot" next to Ripken's name on the card or the scanner? Hopefully it's not on the card, because it's right in the middle and could be very distracting, possibly lowering the grade. >>

Dot is on the card, along with the two faint 'ink trails' off the L and N in his name.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

8 on a very good day
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Looks good besides corners.
  • Options
    Seven and a half.
  • Options
    Great looking Ripken rookie - my guess is a 6 at worst, an 8 at best ... leaning towards a 7. That top right corner concerns me a little along with a little mark on the back. Nice glossy look to it. A good buy for a raw Ripken rookie
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    7 with chance of 8.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7.5! Nice example.
  • Options
    Definitely an 8
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing higher than an 8, and a 6 on a bad day. They are very tough on this card. The registration looks good, which is tough for this card, but the t/b centering is a bit off. Slight chipping on the left edge, and the top-right corner looks a little soft. Still love when I pull this card though.
  • Options
    Thanks again for all the input! My expectations have been lowered a bit and it's given my some additional defects to keep an eye out for.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checking in late with a guess of 8
  • Options

<< <i>Checking in late with a guess of 8 >>

Late guesses that meet or exceed my initial expectations of 8 are still welcome image
  • Options
    Have a couple Ripken's out for grading, but I think this is the one the just popped....

NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Topps 21 Orioles Future Stars Bonner/Ripken/Schneider

I'll post a scan when it's back in hand.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Have a couple Ripken's out for grading, but I think this is the one the just popped....

NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Topps 21 Orioles Future Stars Bonner/Ripken/Schneider

I'll post a scan when it's back in hand. >>

sounds good image
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    I would say an 8 as well.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies