Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2015 CU Fantasy Baseball - Draft 8 PM (Central) tonight

Are we going to play again this year? I had a blast, even though my team was sunk in about the first few weeks.

I can restart the league and be our pretend commissioner. I would *not* like to collect/hold/distribute the money, so I need a volunteer for that. We have a newborn at home. By the time we get to October, I will have probably forgotten what the money is for and spend it on diapers. image

If there's any changes to league structure that we'd like to make, now's the time to propose them.

Here is our group from last year:

<< <i>
EASports
DanBessette
EchoCanyon
grote15
bziddy
jmaciu
RailsideCards
ryanseven
SidePocket
vintagefun
Sethro
cincyredlegs
cpamike
kidzfund
76 collector
BigRedMachine
>>

In (so far) for 2015:
EASports
grote15
SidePocket
cincyredlegs
vintagefun
EchoCanyon
RailsideCards
BigRedMachine
Sethro
kidzfund
jmaciu

Waitlist (in order) for 2015:
flatfoot816
MiniDuff
rtimmer
ajezove
My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.

Comments

• Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    I am in.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in to defend my title. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I'll play again. Maybe not so many teams this time? With 16 it's pretty hard to find someone to replace injured players and it's a lonnnng season if you lose a few guys and have to pick up part time players to fill their spots.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    I have been thinking about doing it again for years. Guess I'll throw my hat in if there is room
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    I'm in...with a hope to take Tim's title...but more than likely a donator.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Back in, like Doug Flynn
  • Options
    I am in for 2015 as well.
    If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll play again. Maybe not so many teams this time? With 16 it's pretty hard to find someone to replace injured players and it's a lonnnng season if you lose a few guys and have to pick up part time players to fill their spots. >>

I assume we want to draft as close to the beginning of the season as possible?

Regarding parity, there's a few (or multiple things) we can do:

We could limit owners. Let's see how much interest we get. If everyone from last year wants to play again, I hate to "cut" anyone. (Especially if we cut the worst records from last season image)

We could limit weekly transactions. I noticed last season that the top finishers also led the league in transactions. It's certainly a personal preference - but I prefer encouraging "team building" instead of "stat accumulating" so limiting weekly transactions is one way to accomplish that.

We could reduce roster size (like eliminating/reducing bench spots and/or UTIL and P spots).

We have plenty of time to talk about it.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    Even more important than weekly transactions imo is that all owners at least set their weekly lineups with active players. Too often last season there were teams that would leave in their lineups players that were on the DL and/or not even active for weeks on end. Let's make a conscious effort to avoid "ghost ship" teams this season in the interests of competitive play.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I liked playing the ghost ships!image

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>I liked playing the ghost ships!image >>

• Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Also interested if there is room.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Even more important than weekly transactions imo is that all owners at least set their weekly lineups with active players. Too often last season there were teams that would leave in their lineups players that were on the DL and/or not even active for weeks on end. Let's make a conscious effort to avoid "ghost ship" teams this season in the interests of competitive play. >>

I agree.

Feel free to PM me any egregious offenders, so I can contact them directly to see if they're still interested.

One thing I noticed from reviewing last year's thread - you can have an NA slot on your roster. As card collectors, I think this might be fun for prospect stashing - though it eliminates the scramble that ensues when a hot prospect gets called up.

MiniDuff is added to the waitlist.

We still need a volunteer treasurer.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options

<< <i> We still need a volunteer treasurer. >>

I'm happy to volunteer as treasurer.

Also, I know some other leagues end earlier (because the last week of the season, many starters are sitting). Just a thought. And when this does finally get set up, any draft AFTER 9 p.m. helps me and anyone else with young kids.

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I'll play again.

Shawn
  • Options
    pre-snow bump
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    I'll re-up!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for another shot at redemption.

Joe
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    I am back in!!!
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    If Tim won this last year it's a group I'd like to be a part of ......count me in if I can get a spot.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    Right now, we have 11, plus 3 on the waitlist.

I'll restart the league sometime this week. I'll send invitations to all of the re-joiners. I'll give last year's folks until March 1 to reup, and then we'll open it to the waitlist.

I'd like to cap it at 16 again this year. I'll set the draft for late in spring training, perhaps the Sunday before the season starts.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    I would love to play if a spot is available.

Mike O
  • Options
    I reupped the league today.

Yahoo should send email invites to the 10 owners from last year that replied with interest here. If you did reply and did not/do not receive an email, let me know.

I'll give the remaining owners from last year until March 1 to express interest (here - then I can send an invite). If not, we move onto the wait list.

The draft is currently set for Sunday, March 29 at 8 PM CST. This is one week before the season starts, and also the week before Easter.

I'll work on revising the roster makeup as well.

If there's anything else that we want to change, now is the time to do it.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    Funny, I had a dream last night that I got the 8th pick -- Jose Abreu?

Any way, I'm signed up.

I liked all the rules from last year.

(If I'm needed to be the treasurer, let me know.)

• Options
    Thursday bump
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will give up my spot to someone new. I remember being a little dissatisfied last year. I think there were 16 teams and only 6 made the playoffs, maybe ? I don't have the link to the league from last year, and I haven't been very active in this forum for a while due to too many commitments, so if that wasn't the case, than feel free to correct me (Seriously, I'm not trying to start an argument). I just feel like I either didn't understand the playoff format and ended up being the odd guy out, but again, I might not be remembering things as they happened, and I can't find any of the links. Good luck to all those playing this year. I remember the league being pretty competitive last year.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    I believe it was 6 teams that qualified for the playoffs last season with the top 2 seeds getting a first round bye.

I do think the top seeds deserve and earn a bye. Also, IIRC, the 6 seed had a record that was barely over .500 so 6 teams qualifying for the playoffs is sufficient imho.

• Options
    Bippity - BUMPity - boo.

Still waiting on jmaciu, sethro and vintagefun to reup.

League opens to new folks on 3/3.

SPRING TRAINING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    jmaciu has bowed out, I'm still waiting on Sethro.

We are currently at 9, plus Sethro.

If the four from the waitlist can PM me an email address, I'll send the league invite to you.

That would put us at 14. We could potentially take two more, after the waitlisters sign up.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Interested if there are any open spots. Thanks!
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am interested if any spots open up.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Sorry I missed this earlier Ethan. I am out for this season. While I like the guys in the league (or most of them anyway image), I don't have much time to devote to keeping up with this and don't want to become a ghost team. Plus I need to continue my scouting for next season's fantasy football. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Please PM the rules/buy in to me if there's still a spot open.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry I missed this earlier Ethan. I am out for this season. While I like the guys in the league (or most of them anyway image), I don't have much time to devote to keeping up with this and don't want to become a ghost team. Plus I need to continue my scouting for next season's fantasy football. image >>

Bwak, bwak, bwak!! image

Mikey, I'm sorry to see you drop out~I was counting on those 12-0 shutouts to pad my record next season. image

• Options
    I'll work on some PMs and such this afternoon. I'd like to have our group confirmed this week, and any rule/roster changes done by next week.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry I missed this earlier Ethan. I am out for this season. While I like the guys in the league (or most of them anyway image), I don't have much time to devote to keeping up with this and don't want to become a ghost team. Plus I need to continue my scouting for next season's fantasy football. image >>

Bwak, bwak, bwak!! image

Mikey, I'm sorry to see you drop out~I was counting on those 12-0 shutouts to pad my record next season. image >>

I recall having competitive games with you, LOL. I also finished in sixth so I couldn't have done too bad.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    pm sent
  • Options
    We have nine confirmed, plus emails sent to rtimmer and flatfoot816. I'll give Sethro until Monday, and then seek a replacement.

We have room for:

ajezove
    Francart
    orioles93
    shagrotn77

Please PM an email address for invite.

Brief on rules:
    Head to Head
    Standard 5x5 categories
    We'll expand playoff to 8 (assuming we have 16 teams)
    Roster size TBD, but probably reduced from last year
    Draft is March 29
    $25 buy in (EchoCanyon is our treasurer, I'll send out that info once the field is set)
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭
    Not sure if there is a waiting list but if you have a slot I will take one.
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    I'm in if there is a spot. I don't check into the boards too often but you can email me an invite to

artist_lost@hotmail.com

Thanks!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options

6 (of 16) spots available.

Would like to close registration by this Friday, so we can determine roster size, gather funds, etc.

Draft is still slotted for 3/29.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options

<< <i>6 (of 16) spots available.

Would like to close registration by this Friday, so we can determine roster size, gather funds, etc.

Draft is still slotted for 3/29. >>

I'd love to join...could you send me an invite to

artist_lost@hotmail.com

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Invite sent. Good to see you around!
    My LSU Autographs

• Options

<< <i>Invite sent. Good to see you around! >>

Glad to be back...that said, I didn't get the invite...could you resend it?

thanks

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Re-sent. Invite sent to lanemyer85 as well.

12 teams in, four spots available.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭
    Please sen me an invite, I'm in as well
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    Please PM me an email address.
    My LSU Autographs

• Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Never got an invite. Can I get one please?
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    I have not received an invite--am I in?