Home Precious Metals
Options

Terror..............................................................

Is the recent attack in France influencing the metals? Take care. jws

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not likely. Gold has been rallying since Dec 23rd or so.... when the USD/JPY pair starting turning down. That's been the basic trend for 4 weeks. It's also the same basic trend that has been in play since mid-2011.

Silver made a triple bottom in the 2nd half of December and then took off higher on January 2nd. That also supports gold's movements.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seemed to spur on the French to get the lead out, with respect to metal.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I don't let "terror" decide anything with regards to how much I'm going to pay for something. It usually gets decided for you.
    Like when gasoline went to $5 (here in IN) a few years back. It was $5 everywhere around locally, and I need gasoline to commute, so I had to pay $5/gal.
    If it's something you need as a necessity, and not a luxury, you're going to pay whatever the going rate is.
    The worst thing you can do is think you're in control of the pricing. It only angers you and causes you more stress. The person selling it could give a crap. They're not forcing you to buy. If you're buying it, it's either something you want or need. Either way, what does the seller care?
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this level, no effect. However, should it increase to WWIII or something worse, than perhaps.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 people died in France from a group of 4 bored and disenfranchised youth and world leaders hold a parade. 2000 die in Nigeria by an organized militant group and the world says "wheres Nigeria".
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    True Codohk. Take care. jws
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>At this level, no effect. However, should it increase to WWIII or something worse, than perhaps.... Cheers, RickO >>

What could be worse than WWIII?
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    At this level, no effect. However, should it increase to WWIII or something worse, than perhaps.... Cheers, RickO >>

What could be worse than WWIII?

Life on Earth during and after WWIII
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.