Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is this the 1869/9 Indian Cent Variety or a different repunched date?

WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here are images - I am not certain if this is the 1869/9 variety or another repunched date - leaning towards the 1869/9 but would like opinions from the experts.

image
image
image
<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website

Comments

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the 9/9 to me..same as in the Redbook Professional Edition...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it is as well, I went to look at Rick Snow's Indian cent variety wiki/research site but it looks like he's removed the link from his web site.


    Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

    "Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup the top of the 9 is a dead give away. image


    Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No question that this is the 69/69 repunched date. However there are many varieties of the 69/69. Rick Snow's latest and recently published guide describes all of the known varieties. I used this as reference but find it is hard to spec the variety on well circulated coins.

    OINK
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671 ✭
    Looks right, just make sure it is the right variety you want (lots of them as one said here).
  • Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://indiancent.wikispaces.com/1869
    Lists the 69/69 and 9/9 varieties,
    including photos for several of them, but not for all of them.

    This is still linked from indiancent.com - Look in the lower left corner of the page in the list of Information: "IndianCent wiki".
    It's also linked in one of the 4 banner images at the top of the page at present.
  • Options
    looks like a circulated 69/69 (n). FS-301; RPD-003 as I can see some issues with the 6 also
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Yup the top of the 9 is a dead give away. image >>



    agreed, congrats
    Frank

    BHNC #203

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file