Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Time Capsule Coin Conservation Plans Released

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
The government officials just stated "a picture is worth a thousand words" and released this updated photo:


image

Comments

  • Options
    Nice image
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭
    lil brand placement aye...image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see


  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fresh bottle of sulfuric acid?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Not really looking for much these days but if I were, it might be a toner. :smile:
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like those Intercept bags underneath.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good one!

    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671 ✭
    I think I would trade all my Roosies for this. Wow am I nuts or what?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to find an old stash like that in one of the old buildings/foundations I search.....one day...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,329 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>No fresh bottle of sulfuric acid? >>

    no wire brush either image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Looks like those Intercept bags underneath. >>



    Give them some more each coin needs one.image
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure some company would pay big $$ for the rights to image those coins, if they're not already socked away.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I'm sure some company would pay big $$ for the rights to image those coins, if they're not already socked away. >>



    That be said, they really should be imaged. Of course my vote would be PCGS and I hope they offer their services. Maybe encapsulation as well
    for preservation and if needed professional conservation. It would be good PR, good for the coins, and good for the people who open the box again someday.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 24,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of that copper needs "a good brushing".image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Coin Cleaner pic - LOLOL

    FWIW - The Boston Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) appears to be the conservators of "objects" related to the time capsule -

    "The MFA’s Department of Conservation consists of 34 conservators and scientists who examine and treat thousands of objects each year—including paintings, sculpture, furniture, works on paper, textiles and coins."

    MFA link

    I'm going with no PCGS restoration service for the time capsule coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file