Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

6/6 crossover's (Morgan VAM's & an ASE) with TrueView

I got bored and took the bait for the crossover special and $12 variety attribution. I went 6 for 6 and I am pleasantly surprised. No monetary gain but I am happy as always image

ms61 VAM 6A 8/7 ear (ex. little white ANACS)
image

au58 VAM 48 hangnail (ex. little white ANACS)
image

ms65 (ex. Blanchard)
image

au50 VAM (5)7 dbbl ear (ex. yellow ANACS)
image

ms63 VAM 54 dbbl ear (e. yellow ANACS)
image

ms68 (ex. yellow ANACS)
image

Thanks for looking & Happy New Year!
Erik

Comments

  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins!
    Congratulations!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never have done a crossover but if I do I want results like yours!


    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image


    Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    imageimage

    Like the 1880-O Hangnail image



    image
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    02121809
    04151865
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're they direct crossovers or up/down grades?

    Nice coins!
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>We're they direct crossovers or up/down grades?

    Nice coins! >>



    ...Thanks, all 6 crossed at current grade image

    Erik
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭
    i'm always a lil curious with crossovers as in if they were cross at any or cross at same or above

    6 for 6....nice

    sweet looking examples too
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see


  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats and nice group!

    Is that some textile action on the 1902-O obv. or a print?

    I like the subtle green toning on it.

    "If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

    My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

  • Options
    Congrats, nothing better then have a group of big old silver dollars in ones hands. Nice group of coins
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671 ✭
    Love, Love them especially the Walker blue.
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Congrats and nice group!

    Is that some textile action on the 1902-O obv. or a print?

    I like the subtle green toning on it. >>



    Thanks buddy...I think it's a print but I'll check again when I get her back. This coin has a nice back story (at least to me). I bought it off a random "dollar general" type store on eBay. The guy had about 10 or 12 1902-o Morgan's at auction and his story was that his uncle had bought them all in a roll from Philadelphia coin dealer Harry J. Forman in the early 1960's. He (the ebay seller) then just recently pulled them from his SDB and was listing them on eBay. It was 2011 sometime when I won this coin for about $60, only because I liked the color. After getting the coin, I sent her into ANACS with many other coins, about half to be attributed as VAMs. Anyways, I just sent this coin in as a regular Morgan and Mr. John Roberts over at ANACS decided to attribute it on his own (Thanks again). So it's a Hit-List 40 VAM and apparently one of the most dramatic doubled ears in the Morgan dollar series. Pretty cool and I'll hang onto it for a while image

    Erik
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I'm loving that toned silver eagle! >>


    I was going to comment on how coinsarefun was going to stamp her seal of approval on that one. image

    "If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

    My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent results, congratulations...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    They look much better in the PCGS holders!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file