Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Morgan

I have a nice 1883-CC $1 PCGS MS65+ coin. What's the value?

Comments

  • Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming it's white and generally attractive, $550-$600 retail.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the original GSA holder graded by PCGS or in a regular holder with GSA on the label?

    bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    It's in a regular PCGS holder. It's white and appears proof-like, but not designated so.
  • Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Assuming it's white and generally attractive, $550-$600 retail. >>



    Maybe... the last 2 PCGS MS65+ on eBay SOLD for $493 and $507 (This one was CAC).
    ------------------------------------------------------------

    "You Suck Award" - February, 2015

    Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>Assuming it's white and generally attractive, $550-$600 retail. >>



    Maybe... the last 2 PCGS MS65+ on eBay SOLD for $493 and $507 (This one was CAC). >>



    Yeah, that sounds about right. CoinFacts only shows sales from 6/14 for $550-$600.

  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be just me but when I see a CAC sticker I think all the $$'s where sucked out of that coin. So most of the time I will look but not buy at the high price most will have on it becuse of a sticker if it's not a Gold one it's just telling me that they think it is what's on the holder. I'll buy a raw coin and get my own coin holdered and if I want I can get it CAC'ed. But I'm cheap that's just me Dumb cheap Type2 thinking. image


    Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheap thinking is OK Type2.....especially when it comes to matters beyond the coin itself. Opinions, stickers, stars, labels etc., are enhancements for the general market that cannot judge coins on their own merit. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file