Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can't wait for the FUN show!!!

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
I realize many who post here are dealers for whom a coin show is serious work.

I am a collector who is almost giddy about the show!

I want to buy a few coins, hear a couple of lectures, and go to the Liberty Seated Collector's Club meeting.

If you read this and see my "YORKSHIREMAN" name badge, please stop me to speak. I enjoy talking to other collectors about what they like.
Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep an eye out for your badge. I will also have DIMEMAN on my badge and would enjoy meeting other forum members.image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really great show... wish I could be there....look forward to the reports...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I realize many who post here are dealers for whom a coin show is serious work.

    I am a collector who is almost giddy about the show!

    I want to buy a few coins, hear a couple of lectures, and go to the Liberty Seated Collector's Club meeting.

    If you read this and see my "YORKSHIREMAN" name badge, please stop me to speak. I enjoy talking to other collectors about what they like. >>



    Wear a tie so they can see you coming.


    Leoimage

    The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

    My Jefferson Nickel Collection

  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wear a shirt with mustard stains on it and you will fit in with the crowd.image
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FUN is my favorite coin event of the year... friends, food and drinks. And occasionally even coins. image
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>FUN is my favorite coin event of the year... friends, food and drinks. And occasionally even coins. image >>



    Absolutely!

    I will probably spill mustard on my shirt. I will not, however, be wearing a tie. I wear one almost evert day of my life and need a break!
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    One of the biggest coin shows of the year, if not the biggest! I spoke to a NY dealer at the airport where delays were common.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭
    /
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Rick from Pawn stars will be there Friday, just so y'all are warned. >>



    HORRORS!
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    York stop bye my table and say hi...grab a piece of candy..I always have the best out at any show! Jon
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
  • Options
    My wife and I have been here since Saturday the 3rd,drove down from Vermont.Cant wait,hope for a few bust halves and the wife loves her Indians and Buffalo's.image
  • Options
    1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just made it into town and going to walk over to the convention center and see whats up. Have to switch motels tommorrow but glad I am in town..Time for shorts..............Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.


    Link to My Registry Set.

    https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

    Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to the show for the first time last year and had a blast, it is HUGE and well worth going to. Looks like the surf expo will be there again too; it's too bad it's not a general public show. I'd go in there too and check things out for fun. I don't surf, but I do boogie board and like to watch the surfing stuff.

    I'll be there all day on Thursday looking for various things that catch my eye.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look forward to seeing you!

    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    Shrub68Shrub68 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    Stop by table #1112 and introduce yourself!
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭


    Some one take some pictures and post them here.... image

  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course Y-man, you know that now you are obliged to post an extensive and concisely detailed show report next week, with at least a gB of photofiles, for those of us who have the proverbial ball and chain affixed at cankle. image

    "Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.american-legacy-coins.com

  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Of course Y-man, you know that now you are obliged to post an extensive and concisely detailed show report next week, with at least a gB of photofiles, for those of us who have the proverbial ball and chain affixed at cankle. image >>



    Gulp!

    I think of myself as something of a writer, so I will give it my best shot. However, I have not wriiten anyhing major since graduate school twenty five years ago.

    That said, I promise everyone :

    No pictures of airplanes, wine glasses, or kit
    Nor will I make derogatory comments about anyone, as done in another show report, no matter how poor their judgement seems to be.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Just made it into town and going to walk over to the convention center and see whats up. Have to switch motels tommorrow but glad I am in town..Time for shorts..............Enjoy image >>



    Unfortunately the forecast will do away with the shorts soon. image I would love to meet some of you guys! Table 439 here!
  • Options
    1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a nice 53 already and suppose to hit 69 for the high. Already in shorts and hope to switch hotels at 11 this morning. I did pick up the early bird pass and it does Not have my name on it only my picture. Look forward to meeting up...........Tom image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.


    Link to My Registry Set.

    https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

    Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    RPM2RPM2 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    Table 151 and 153 for all types of collector coins. Raw and slabs. Come see us.
    Rob
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked into my hotel.
    About to head over to the OCC for a bit of auction lot viewing.
    Will the lots I have ear marked look as good in hand as the Heritage photos?

    Two hours until Early Bird opening.

    The wait continues...
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file