Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold/Silver purchasers

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know what "type" of buyers choose either metal? And which type hold the most of each metal. For example are people in the middle class more apt to trend in the silver market due to it's cheaper buy in.
Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In generalities maybe....however, it is by no means a rule....have personally seen it both ways....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to a gun show tomorrow....will be some coin tables....might be some cheap silver there...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people who feel they missed that last run up are watching prices closesly, looking to get in.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>people who feel they missed that last run up are watching prices closesly, looking to get in. >>

Some who feel they missed the last run up are also watching prices closely, looking to get out!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People tend to gravitate towards quantity so they would rather buy 10oz of silver rather than 1/10oz of gold.

An investor with $500,000 to allocate towards PMs would rather would own 400 oz of gold than 30,000 oz of silver.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>People tend to gravitate towards quantity so they would rather buy 10oz of silver rather than 1/10oz of gold.

An investor with $500,000 to allocate towards PMs would rather would own 400 oz of gold than 30,000 oz of silver. >>

Plus the latter are far more easier to deal with...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    that was me, not so much anymore. but if I get good silver ASE, Englehard.. I'll do it.

<< <i>People tend to gravitate towards quantity so they would rather buy 10oz of silver rather than 1/10oz of gold.

An investor with $500,000 to allocate towards PMs would rather would own 400 oz of gold than 30,000 oz of silver. >>

COA
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends solely on the investor. Buffet preferred 130 MILL oz of silver to any gold. So did the Hunt Brothers. When Deadhorse was on this forum in 2002-2006 they purchased over $500K in silver, gold was secondary. It also depends on where in the cycle you are investing. In 2002-2006 silver was the better option. I doubt there are many pre-2011 silver owners who are "closely" watching the current price ($14-$16) to determine when to "get out." If they wanted out, they'd have already gotten out. At 80-1 to 100-1 gold to silver ratio I'd make my pick 30,000 oz of silver....wouldn't even consider gold.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Hard to run from Armageddon with a lot of silver….easier with a pocketful of gold!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more