Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Makes ya wonder what grade they were TRYING to get...

www.brunkauctions.com

Comments

  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should buy it and melt it! I just want to see it out of it's misery.
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight I am bored, so I'm searching coins with 'damage'


    ....turned up this gem also:


    Link

    www.brunkauctions.com

  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, 20 years ago I would be 3 sheets to the wind by now. Not anymore. image
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thought is that someone lived through a fire and found this in the rubble...good souvenir.

    Then, if that's the case why sell it?

    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    On that first one they might have thought the damaged 6 was a 5 and were hoping for a damaged 1895-O

    Too optimistic image
    Ed
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just may have to get that for the "Roadkill Set" that I'm putting together. image
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the worst coin I've seen in an ANACS holder. Jeremy (if I recall correctly) has (or had) a coin that had like 6 different problems (including the two noted on this one) noted on the holder.

  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But. but, but, people keep screaming that a coin can't be sold raw.
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭


    << <i>But. but, but, people keep screaming that a coin can't be sold raw. >>



    image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."



    - Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭
    just needs a RED BEAN image
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see


  • Options
    image
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671 ✭
    All I can say is it is over graded at VG8. That's why I don't collect ANACS.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly not in my field of interest....Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file