Home U.S. Coin Forum

Up an Coming!!

I have been looking into adding some new countries to my coin collections. I was wondering if anyone has any feedback with these countries: Sarawak, N Borneo and Malaysia as possible up and coming? Here are some coins from my collection.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
MACAU
emgworldwide@gmail.com
Cell: 512.808.3197
EMERGING MARKET GROUP
PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer

Comments

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not ask on the world coin forum instead of the US Coin Forum?
    Probably better, and more appropriate, responses there.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't even complete a US coin type set (but if someone gives me a $4 Stella it will help) so I pretty much ignore the rest of the world.
  • jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭
    Never even knew there was a country called Sarawak
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have coins from countries I have lived in and traveled to.....even slabbed a few...but retain them more as memorabilia than as collectibles. Cheers RickO
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No interest here
    LCoopie = Les
  • winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    Don't collect these as I don't know what they are. Stick with Roosie dimes and you can spend them in hard times.
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say any of them are hot commodities, but I purchased an 1891 North Borneo half cent in R&B unc about 40 years ago for $8.00, and I see them offered on eBay for $140 - $300 now. Your coins could turn out to be decent investments over time provided huge quantities don't exist. Don't rely on TPG numbers of coins graded as a guide to rarity. There are many common Darkside coins with low TPG populations.

As others have mentioned, the World Coin forum would be a better place to ask.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file