Home U.S. Coin Forum

I seeded a YN today; fearing lawsuit

Well, I hope I did.

The gal that works at the Customer Service desk at our community clubhouse has found another job and Friday is her last day. She had her six year old son with her today so I dug into my Pocket Coin Collection and picked out an IHC, a V nickel and a Barber dime for him. He seemed to like them. His mother said he's interested in collecting other things, so I may be seeding a life long hobby.

Here's the question: does his mother have the right to bring a suit against me now or does she actually have to wait until her son gets serious about coins?

Comments

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I see a suit in the near term for bad advice to a minor. image
  • MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm no lawyer, but I think that is called "Contributing to the delinquency of a minor".
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work! It is up to Mom now to keep it from getting obsessive. My mom lost that battle when I was about 12! imageimage
    I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pocket Coin Collection
    I feel so good sailing into the New Year knowing I'm not the only sick puppy around these parts
  • I think you are safe since you didn't give him a Type 1 SLQ.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what's the penalty for this kind of behavior?
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Para phrase: contributing some minor to a minor.

I hope he remembers this day and has many happy
    times with this hobby.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you did not counsel him about VAM's, errors and tarnish...image Cheers, RickO
  • winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    I think you would have been safe if you had given him a rare Roosie dime but since you didn't you might be in trouble later.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very pretty toned Roosie, Winky!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm no lawyer, but I think that is called "Contributing to the delinquency of a minor". >>

some of us resemble that remark image
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on if you were sincere or just suking up to her. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Shoulda given him an assortment of a dozen State Quarters. If he grew bored with them maybe a Happy Meal woulda
    steered him into a Career with McDonalds - the wave of the future for his generation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file