Home Precious Metals
Options

An interesting read I think.

Saw this and thought that many would find it interesting. 37 page pdf file. It appears to contain a lot of good info with options available. Have not read it thoroughly yet, but I will. Happy New Year to all.

How to own precious metals.
There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
–John Adams, 1826

Comments

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Nice primer.
    How many here store their gold overseas? How exactly does that work?

Thanks for sharing.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 571 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for share x2. This is a great article! Anyone who is interested or who invests in PMs should probably read this.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems pretty simple. Buy real physical gold that is not stolen, for a competitive market price, from a reliable source, and then store it yourself.

If you're able to store some % of your gold overseas then you are probably working on a wealth level well above 99% of those here. Not recommended for the average .
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Champagne problems. Wish I had the headache of running out of places to store gold, having to decide how much I have to place overseas.

I know some really wealthy people. None store gold in other countries. Maybe cash. Ha. They're cracking down on that.
    I agree, well above the top 99.99%

Good read. Thanks.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Seems pretty simple. Buy real physical gold that is not stolen, for a competitive market price, from a reliable source, and then store it yourself.

>>

This would seem to be the preferred route. Maybe get quotes from several suppliers for specific amounts if you are a high roller buyer. If your storing at home, it would seem that 10 ounce bars might be the way to go. You would of course be restricted to no more than 3 bars per order in order to stay under the reporting rules. After at least 24 hours have passed, you could order 3 more. see here

It looks to me like they consider related transactions to occur within 24 hours, but as I recall my local dealer would restrict me to $9999.99 in cash per year not per 24 hours. Can anyone explain why that is?
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The British Royal Mint is now selling gold to, and storing gold bullion for private investors.

If I had any thoughts of keeping bullion overseas, that would be one possibility. The other might be Sprott. I think it's Sprott who has an operation going on in Singapore.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Buy real physical gold that is not stolen, for a competitive market price, from a reliable source, and then store it yourself. >>

That has been my process for many, many years..... it works. Cheers, RickO