Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Rainbow toned Standing Liberty

It's nowhere near mint state, but in my experience, Standers are really hard to find with attractive toning.

image

Comments

  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image

    image

    imageimage
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    bcdeluxebcdeluxe Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    That's a very attractive coin and quite a nice strike for that date/mm BAJJERFAN.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas and welcome BC.

    image
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,676 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>That's a very attractive coin and quite a nice strike for that date/mm BAJJERFAN. >>



    TY and welcome BC.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭


    << <i>It's nowhere near mint state, but in my experience, Standers are really hard to find with attractive toning.

    image >>






    I would love to start a circulated set of these with nice colors. Your coin looks great.
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>It's nowhere near mint state, but in my experience, Standers are really hard to find with attractive toning.

    image >>






    I would love to start a circulated set of these with nice colors. Your coin looks great. >>



    A wonderful natural looking coin! well worth melt- and worth starting a collection!
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    bcdeluxebcdeluxe Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    I have about 3 or 4 SLQs that have nice color like this, but I think they're pretty difficult to find. This series is tough to find nicely toned to begin with, but well worn examples like this probably didn't find their way into too many collections. As such, finding colorful G or VG coins is more difficult than finding colorful AU and MS coins.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm......I worry about this one a little bit, but I still like it!

    Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    bcdeluxebcdeluxe Posts: 209 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Hmmmm......I worry about this one a little bit, but I still like it! >>



    With what I paid I'm not worried one bit. Also, the reverse has a gouge the size of a pinhead, so it's not problem free either. But the price was right.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭
    one of the toughest series to find colorful toning on for sure

    they're out there surely in mehrig albums and such
    but you bet
    attractive colorful toning is a rare condition thus far with this series
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see


  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the colorful toning on silver type coins (similar to this) comes from secondary toning in an enriched sulfur environment (ie old albums, old envelopes, etc.). One has to be careful that under that toning is not a stripped and lifeless surface full of hairlines.

    This one has a nice look that tends to be desired by many. It's not a look I remember seeing very often back in the 1970's. I'm all for attractive/original/primary toning.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard bcdeluxe....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Color makes a coin like the SLQ jump right at you. Beautiful coins !!!!
  • Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one.

    image


    image
    P-AU58 FH/CAC

  • Options
    bcdeluxebcdeluxe Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    Here's another circulated toner. Thanks everyone.

    image
  • Options
    bob48bob48 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Here's another circulated toner. Thanks everyone.

    image >>



    I have picked up a short set of these circulated toners many years ago, Like them for their color.
    Not sure if I have all the dates 25 thru 30 PDS but I will go and find them and check. I do have most of the dates covered.
    Bob

    *
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭
    I've seen very few circulated rainbow toners that I like, but I must say I dig this one!

    -Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to pull up an old thread, but I was searching for "rainbow" and saw this. I would LOVE to find a 1917 Type 1 to go along with this one in my set.

    NGC MS66*

    image
    image
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i> would LOVE to find a 1917 Type 1 to go along with this one in my set >>

    I don't blame you. Zowboeimage
  • Options
    bcdeluxebcdeluxe Posts: 209 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Sorry to pull up an old thread, but I was searching for "rainbow" and saw this. I would LOVE to find a 1917 Type 1 to go along with this one in my set.

    NGC MS66*
    >>



    That's a beauty! FWIW, I think it's rather difficult to find Type 1 1917's with this type of color and toning. I have a nice 63FH Type 1 that I'll try to image at some point, but it's mostly just original brownish/gold toning. Rainbows on 1917's are tough.
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The closest I have (not exactly rainbow toning) is a 1917-D

    image

    JH
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's a very pretty coin. Nice, colorful rim toning like that (and on both sides!) can really boost this design's eye appeal.
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image

    No longer own unfortunately...but still my all-time fav SLQ.

    jom
  • Options
    bcdeluxebcdeluxe Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
    That is an impressive coin jom. Very impressive.
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I would have bought that. Let me know if you see her again!
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how you could give that one up jom, it is just beautiful!

    JH

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file