Home Precious Metals
Options

STAR DATE December 22, 2014.......Precious Metals Time Capsule

Laugh if you may, but cyber space is forever. Quite possible that someone may pull this thread up in 100 years and value the thoughts of our distinguished membership.

Please contribute your insights to generation ZIII as to the current market, variety and availability of the PM group.

Images are encouraged!

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont be afraid.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    My money says that Ricko will be the first one to pull this back up in 2114!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good ratio is 25% silver, 50% gold, 25% platinum.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My money says that Ricko will be the first one to pull this back up in 2114! >>

Wow....that would be something.... plus I would be the oldest person in the world.... unless, of course, I have my brain and psyche uploaded digitally and can continue to exist in the cyberworld....See y'all then....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    The US Mint stopped production on all regular circulating 90% silver coins 50 years ago this year. They are a very popular form of silver coin collecting and investing. Rarely, some 90% silver coins are still found from time to time at the bank (a financial establishment in an actual building where we store and transfer physical and electronic money), at a convenience store (a business where you can get fuel, food, snacks, lottery tickets, and really sugary drinks), and in grandma's closet in a small purple Crown Royal bag.

Cents (or "pennies" as so many non-numismatic people call them) still circulate, even the ones pre-1984 that are 95% copper, which by the time you read this everyone will have melted the Cents down and turned it into weights to distribute to different parts of the earth to keep the gyroscopic movement in line due to the sun's decaying gravitational pull. P.S. There is 1 1977 cent that was buried under my house as a good luck piece just in case you need an extra 3.11 grams of weight distributed somewhere.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i> and in grandma's closet in a small purple Crown Royal bag. >>

....Crown Royal was an adult beverage that was made in Canada. Grandma had a lot of old coins so she made sure to have enough of the bags available. Grandpa Gus made his contribution as well.

The earliest United States silver coins were produced in Philadelphia in 1794. A coin called the Disme and Half Disme were minted in 1792. Not only are current numismatists unable to decide if the Dismes were the first federal issue, they cannot agree on the pronunciation.

One notable 1794 coin is believed by many to be the first U.S. Silver Dollar produced. A couple of years ago a renowned collector and all around nice guy bought it for $10,000,000. Though that only buys a rusted 2102 Chevy as you are reading this, it was a whole lot of money in 2014!!!
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To everyone in 2114:

Now that the Singularity has arrived, I hope you are looking forward to the Doubularity. image

And I expect that state quarter spoons haven't peaked yet. Get yours before it's too late! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    And the 2114 Lincoln cent in your pocket is a 205 year old series!