Home Metal Detecting

Rechargeable batteries question

How many of you use rechargeable batteries? I've starting using the Powerex brand. I can get around 4 hours on a full charge. I thought that I would get more. I carry two sets. When I recharge them if they are not totally worn down the light on the charge blinks. Does this mean that they are not recharging or is this a problem with the charge?

Comments

• WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    My detector and pinpointer both use 9V, and I just use regular batteries. We do have some AA rechargeable ones, Energizer brand, but they don't seem to hold a charge long. I find myself using them around the house less and less and just buying regular batteries.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the rechargeable White's supplied batteries... they have served me well.... regular batteries in the PP...Cheers, RickO
  • Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭
    A rechargeable battery is standard on the Etrac. I also use rechargeable 9V batteries in my pinpointer. They are low self discharge, made by Tenergy.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My regular double A coppertop batts last 16 or more hours on my whites. I have not tried rechargeable yet.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com