Home Precious Metals

A little urban mining at the bank today....

Bought $8.50 face value of halves from 2 different tellers. Tried to buy all the ones in the coin counter also but they had just dumped it last week. image

1- 1939 Walker
1- 1965 Kennedy
1- 1966 Kennedy
14- clads

Probably my best find % wise to face value. The teller looked at the Walker when she handed it to me and said, "wow, this one looks funny and worn. huh."
@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

Comments

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Nice!
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it!
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Ha, I like your phrase, "urban mining" image Nice score.
  • LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭
    Not bad, Wes.

My best at "urban mining" was pulling 19 40% 50c's from a tobacco store register. I hit many others finding one here or there, but that was a good day for me. Seems the tobacco shops always had an assortment of halves and dollar coins. I picked up many of my Ikes that way.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta like that!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice haul....I have never been that lucky at the bank...Cheers, RickO
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These were waiting for me at one of my bank's branches last week - actually sort of pleasantly surprised the teller didn't want especially the one for herself:

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever turn up a Peace dollar, first real silver dollar obtained at face since I was a kid back in the 1970s when I got an 1897 Morgan at an A & W drive in.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    WOW!!!!! Awesome score!! Very nice.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times