Home Metal Detecting
Options

Missed out on an XP Deus...repost

(system went haywire on my first post, trying this again....)

My local treasure club had a raffle at our monthly meeting last night. They have been selling tickets for the past few months. The prize was choice of either an XP Deus detector or $1,000 cash. The winner happened to be the guy seated right across from me! He pocketed the cash, which he said would allow the machine to be given away as a prize in our members-only hunt next May.

They also had a special feature to their monthly "brag board". For the December meeting, they ask people to bring their best find of the year. It can be something already featured on the brag board in previous months or can be something new. First place went to a very old wax seal, close second (the one I voted for) went to a holed Type III $1 US gold coin. There were many interesting items on display, that's for sure.

This meeting was the Christmas pot luck dinner as well, so that was really nice. One guy brought some venison chili that was quite good, and not something you run across every day image.

Happy holidays to all, and of course, happy hunting, too! image

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Nice report and sounded like a great holiday event and lots of fun.
    Happy Holidays also to you and yours!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not heard much about the XP Deus line..... will have to investigate a bit...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have not heard much about the XP Deus line..... will have to investigate a bit...Cheers, RickO >>

I don't have a lot of info, but I know it's made in France, includes its own wireless headphones, and is supposed to have great depth and sensitivity.
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭
    I definitely would not have taken the $1000. I believe this machine has the fastest processing time on the market, and I would like to try one.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can it be repaired in the states if needed?