Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Long Island Members Night Out - MILLER'S ALE HOUSE, LAKE GROVE, NY - GREAT NIGHT GUYS!

13»

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like you guys had a blast. Sorry I missed it.image >>

Next time for sure!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a cool bunch of guys! Would have loved to sit down and talk cards for a couple hours and had a beer (or 6 image )
    I only knew what Mike, Doug and Eric looked like because of previous pictures..the rest?
    It's weird how you have a preconceived notion of what someone looks like just by chatting on here for years, but 9 times out of 10, the image in your head is very incorrect.

Aw well, if any of you guys ever venture upstate and want to talk cards and have some drinks, feel free to PM me in advance. Would love to do so.

Jimmy
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Mike, hopefully you will eventually provide us with all the correct name and face match-ups; I need to know which one is Tim so I know who to hunt down when I find out all the packs I've bought from him over the years are fake!!imageimage
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Mike, hopefully you will eventually provide us with all the correct name and face match-ups; I need to know which one is Tim so I know who to hunt down when I find out all the packs I've bought from him over the years are fake!!imageimage >>

Dr. Fong had 4 correct ... Two of which were the names that rhyme.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Mike, hopefully you will eventually provide us with all the correct name and face match-ups; I need to know which one is Tim so I know who to hunt down when I find out all the packs I've bought from him over the years are fake!!imageimage >>

Dr. Fong had 4 correct ... Two of which were the names that rhyme. >>

Then I would swap Eric and Scott.
  • Options

LOL, just switch Doug and Scott and you get a gold star.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>Dr. Fong had 4 correct ... Two of which were the names that rhyme. >>

Then here is my final answer:

All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    Hey Doug, did you bring a snow shovel too? image
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like a cool bunch of guys! Would have loved to sit down and talk cards for a couple hours and had a beer (or 6 image )
    I only knew what Mike, Doug and Eric looked like because of previous pictures..the rest?
    It's weird how you have a preconceived notion of what someone looks like just by chatting on here for years, but 9 times out of 10, the image in your head is very incorrect.

Aw well, if any of you guys ever venture upstate and want to talk cards and have some drinks, feel free to PM me in advance. Would love to do so.

Jimmy >>

are you saying that my preconceived notion that you look like a young Paul Newman may be incorrect?
  • Options
    Wow, so that's really Tim?!?! I guess when I get to long island I need to ask the first person I see "Where can I find a guy who looks like Nick Offerman?!?!"image

He already has a clenched fist so maybe he was expecting me to show up at the dinner lol!!

No seriously, great looking bunch of guys (can't believe I just said that!!); the only ones I knew were Eric as I met him at the national two years ago and I remembered mike from his ice bucket challenge video last summer.
  • Options

<< <i>No seriously, great looking bunch of guys (can't believe I just said that!!); the only ones I knew were Eric as I met him at the national two years ago and I remembered mike from his ice bucket challenge video last summer. >>

That sucked btw!!!

I wish I had known you were at that National. You are talking about the last one in Chicago, right? Maybe I was doing husband stuff when you were at the show. image

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No seriously, great looking bunch of guys (can't believe I just said that!!); the only ones I knew were Eric as I met him at the national two years ago and I remembered mike from his ice bucket challenge video last summer. >>

That sucked btw!!!

I wish I had known you were at that National. You are talking about the last one in Chicago, right? Maybe I was doing husband stuff when you were at the show. image >>

Yes, the last one in chicago in 2013. I will be at the upcoming one though (we fly out three weeks from tonight--wow, can't believe it's just three weeks away!!) so if you're going to be there and want to kick my arse on tim's behalf then i will cancel my flight ASAP!!
  • Options
    Actually, on second thought, you look to be about the same size/build as me so I think I'll just go anyways and take my chances lol!!

Are you going??
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That sucked btw!!!

I wish I had known you were at that National. You are talking about the last one in Chicago, right? Maybe I was doing husband stuff when you were at the show. image >>

Yes, the last one in chicago in 2013. I will be at the upcoming one though (we fly out three weeks from tonight--wow, can't believe it's just three weeks away!!) so if you're going to be there and want to kick my arse on tim's behalf then i will cancel my flight ASAP!! >>

Yes, I'll be there and can't wait myself. And Tim and I had a falling out after all those late night pack rips he has been partaking in so you're safe from me.

Collecting:
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to seeing a pic of Mike and David with Steve at the BBCE booth, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Great photo! It's good to match faces with names finally, although Jim had posted a photo of himself in the Mini thread awhile back (in a clever location, btw), so I already knew what Jim looked like.
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    That would have been a great table to be at to talk cards!! Our accounting firm needs to open up a Long Island location just for the sake of me being able to attend these all important meetings image

Jeremy
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    They are always a good time. IMO, only way to improve them is to do them more often. Oh, and no dropping the ball on Kaley Cuocco next time.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>They are always a good time. IMO, only way to improve them is to do them more often. Oh, and no dropping the ball on Kaley Cuocco next time. >>

Agreed. We should do them at least every other month. That will put a dent in Tim's unopened hoard. image

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>They are always a good time. IMO, only way to improve them is to do them more often. Oh, and no dropping the ball on Kaley Cuocco next time. >>

Agreed. We should do them at least every other month. That will put a dent in Tim's unopened hoard. image >>

We can always alternate on who brings the packs to open, Mike. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Agreed. We should do them at least every other month. That will put a dent in Tim's unopened hoard. image >>

We can always alternate on who brings the packs to open, Mike. image >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>We can always alternate on who brings the packs to open, Mike. image >>

Tim ... keep talking like that and this won't be the only Mike who reacts violently!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Holy crap...this made me laugh. Nice one Tim.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Agreed. We should do them at least every other month. That will put a dent in Tim's unopened hoard. image >>

Holy crap...this made me laugh. Nice one Tim. >>

Don't encourage him Jim. image

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>I look forward to seeing a pic of Mike and David with Steve at the BBCE booth, LOL! >>

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    great to put some faces to some really nice people that I call my friends. Hopefully you will all make the Atlantic Natty so we party together
  • Options

<< <i>great to put some faces to some really nice people that I call my friends. Hopefully you will all make the Atlantic Natty so we party together >>

+1

Likewise, Manny~looking forward to it!

• Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Looks like great fun was had. Nothing better than food, drinks, fellas and cards. I am jealous to say the least.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like great fun was had. Nothing better than food, drinks, fellas and cards. I am jealous to say the least. >>

Cory ... it ALWAYS is a fun time. It's a fun bunch of guys and I learn a lot from them about cards!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug