Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Long Island Members Night Out - MILLER'S ALE HOUSE, LAKE GROVE, NY - GREAT NIGHT GUYS!

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike, I will NOT be in Chicago. However, like Tim, I will make a strong effort to head to AC in 2016 if it is still there. >>

I'll look forward to next year Doug and Tim.

Now that I don't have to work, I can go/do what/when I want. image
    Mike
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Mike, I will NOT be in Chicago. However, like Tim, I will make a strong effort to head to AC in 2016 if it is still there. >>

I'll look forward to next year Doug and Tim.

Now that I don't have to work, I can go/do what/when I want. image >>

When are you boys coming to Charleston so I can buy you all a beer and dinner?

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>When are you boys coming to Charleston so I can buy you all a beer and dinner? Mark >>

Mark ... have not been there in years! Might be a good place to look to move. Thinking strongly about Florida, but if you can find me a nice rental at a great price ... hmmm, could be tempting.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>When are you boys coming to Charleston so I can buy you all a beer and dinner? Mark >>

Mark ... have not been there in years! Might be a good place to look to move. Thinking strongly about Florida, but if you can find me a nice rental at a great price ... hmmm, could be tempting. >>

What, you think Mark wants his property value to plummet overnight?? LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Mark ... have not been there in years! Might be a good place to look to move. Thinking strongly about Florida, but if you can find me a nice rental at a great price ... hmmm, could be tempting. >>

What, you think Mark wants his property value to plummet overnight?? LOL! >>

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    So anyone new want to join us?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Scott in want agh would like to meet some of the characters from LI. Let me know when. Thanks
  • Options
    Scott ... right now we are thinking about Sunday June 28 @ 7:30pm. Once it's confirmed I will post it here and in the title. Hope you and other new guys will be able to make it.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone

I just got back from walking 3 miles and having breakfast.

I was just thinking - for those who watch Big Bang. Perhaps we can have a few "virtual presence" devices and skype our way thru the evening? image

Mike
  • Options
    If Kaley Cuoco shows ... I'm buying!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    OK guys ... we are all set.

Sunday June 28 @ 7:00pm

Miller's Ale House
    4000 Middle Country Rd, Lake Grove, NY 11755
    (631) 738-6725

How often do you get to sit around and drink beer or soda ... eat some good food at reasonable prices ... AND TALK ABOUT SPORTS CARDS!!!!! I know most of us that are here on the board would get a funny look from most of their friends if they brought up baseball cards in a conversation.

Well now you can join us and talk about cards until you are sick of it!!!! Would be great to see some new faces.

If you would like to go, please reply in this thread so we can reserve a large enough table.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    In and looking forward
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Hey, looks like Jason & those Charlotte guys are following suit ... we can't let them have a bigger showing than us! LOL Happy to see they are doing it as well ... maybe one day we can bring it all together and have our own little National!!!

Glad you are in Jim. Looking forward to seeing you.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Definites so far are:
    Tim
    Mike
    Eric
    Jim
    Doug
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Bunch of wild and crazy guys you are. Also, I've partied with Mike; I know what he's capable of. image

• Options
    You need to take a road trip one day and join us!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Countdown: 9 days.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Any one else want to join us? So far we have:

Tim
    Mike
    Eric
    Jim
    Doug
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    TTT
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Just a bump for the coming event. Looking forward to Sunday. Any word on Kaley Cuoco?
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Just a bump for the coming event. Looking forward to Sunday. Any word on Kaley Cuoco? >>

Here she comes!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    That's when she was still hot, before she chopped off all of her hair and started looking like a young Shirley Jones.

And unlike the last shindig, make sure you guys take some pics of the usual suspects!image
  • Options
    Just found this thread. Can't make this get together, but look forward to the next one.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Too bad Frank ... Kaley IS showing up! Hopefully you can make the next one.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    So who is joining us tonight?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Looking forward.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Tim, Mike, Eric, Jim & Scott,

Great night guys! Let's make the next one soon. Scott, nice to have finally met you. Thanks for the ride home. Those Bazooka cards are AMAZING. Let us know how they grade out. Tim, good luck with that mini box!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Duplicate post.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Tim, Mike, Eric, Jim & Scott,

Great night guys! Let's make the next one soon. Scott, nice to have finally met you. Thanks for the ride home. Those Bazooka cards are AMAZING. Let us know how they grade out. Tim, good luck with that mini box! >>

+1

Thanks, Doug! Always a great time kicking back and talking cardboard with a great group of guys! Scott, it was a pleasure to meet you and to echo what Doug said, those Bazooka cards were outstanding!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Amazing time as always Fellas!

Thanks Again image
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    A big thanks to the guys from last night.... I felt so welcomed... Can't wait to do it again
    When a Harold Baines was pulled from a 1981 wax pack and the table erupted in cheer I felt like I was 10 years old again
    When Doug found out I collect Brooks Robinson, he made a phone call to his daughter to search a closet , drive to the ale house, and deliver a Brooks piece.
    He then proceeded to GIVE it to me. What s jester! Thanks. It was fun talking cards !

Scott
  • Options
    As someone (actually multiple people) once said (actually multiple times), this thread is useless without pictures!

Did you guys not take any, again?!?!
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    the night did not happen unless there is a picture to evidence it
  • Options

<< <i>the night did not happen unless there is a picture to evidence it >>

The terms of the witness protection program preclude any posting of photographic images. image

• Options
    A couple pics were taken by a certain board member who, I believe, will be allowed to reappear at the end of this week!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A couple pics were taken by a certain board member who, I believe, will be allowed to reappear at the end of this week! >>

You rang. image

And a little rippage provided by the usual suspect (I in no way condoned this activity).

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>A big thanks to the guys from last night.... I felt so welcomed... Can't wait to do it again
    When a Harold Baines was pulled from a 1981 wax pack and the table erupted in cheer I felt like I was 10 years old again
    When Doug found out I collect Brooks Robinson, he made a phone call to his daughter to search a closet , drive to the ale house, and deliver a Brooks piece.
    He then proceeded to GIVE it to me. What s jester! Thanks. It was fun talking cards !

Scott >>

Scott, it was great that you could finally make it too. As Doug says, the more, the merrier!!! image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    Looks like a great time! I know that's Mike in the back right and I'm having fun guessing which of the other faces go with which names image

Btw, welcome back Mike!!
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like a great time! I know that's Mike in the back right and I'm having fun guessing which of the other faces go with which names image

Btw, welcome back Mike!! >>

Thanks Dan. I figured it would be fun for guys to guess at it, lol. You already got me right, do I really look that much like a CPA?!? image

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like a great time! I know that's Mike in the back right and I'm having fun guessing which of the other faces go with which names image >>

+1 lol; next time you guys need to wear name tags!! (HELLO! My name is.....)(slim shady)

Thanks for posting the pics mike and welcome back!
  • Options

<< <i>You already got me right, do I really look that much like a CPA?!? image >>

Last year one of your buddies posted a photo of you at the BBCE booth at the National watching a rip. Speaking of which, isn't that a little like catching a minister at a brothel? Anyway, I remembered the coif image
  • Options

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Here's my guesses:

All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    4 right 2 wrong
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>4 right 2 wrong >>

Then I would swap Jim and Scott.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    Then I'll flip flop Scott and Jim. The other 4 matched my guesses.
  • Options
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>4 right 2 wrong >>

Then I would swap Jim and Scott. >>

And you would have .....................................THREE correct.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Here's my guesses:

image >>

I think this is a very impressive guess. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    Looks like you guys had a blast. Sorry I missed it.image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion