Home Precious Metals

For WRM. Charts dont work. ;)

cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sunday August 31, 2014 11:45 AM

<< <i>image

To update. Silver better hold 18 otherwise its 14 by end of year. >>

Ok, not just for WRM--there are many others on this board who do not believe in predictive chart patterns(Ricko image). I understand it is human nature to look backwards and only see charts as historical data points, but if it hasnt become apparent by now, it is entirely possible to "predict" with reasonable certainty the progression of chart patterns.
Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

• I agree, charts are becoming meaningless due to everything being manipulated by the ptb.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree, charts are becoming meaningless due to everything being manipulated by the ptb. >>

LMFAO!!!!!

Maybe I am just a member of the ptb, or maybe not. imageimage

• << <i>

<< <i>I agree, charts are becoming meaningless due to everything being manipulated by the ptb. >>

LMFAO!!!!!

Maybe I am just a member of the ptb, or maybe not. imageimage >>

Yeah, I love the elitist attitude from some that work in the system. What you fail to understand is that in the end you and your family are not immune from these issues either.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    everything being manipulated by the ptb

There's a study that concludes that gullible folks are being manipulated into saying things like that, manipulated into thinking that they have secret knowledge, and manipulated into increasingly vocal preaching and holier-than-thou proclamations, and particularly manipulated into doing so on unrelated topic chat forums to spread "the truth" as they have been manipulated into seeing and believing it.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭
    Clear as pea soup. At least the low support line is higher than the previous ones. Maybe the higher the low support the higher the high next run up......in about 5 years going by the chart.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

• << <i>everything being manipulated by the ptb

There's a study that concludes that gullible folks are being manipulated into saying things like that, manipulated into thinking that they have secret knowledge, and manipulated into increasingly vocal preaching and holier-than-thou proclamations, and particularly manipulated into doing so on unrelated topic chat forums to spread "the truth" as they have been manipulated into seeing and believing it. >>

Of course. It's not like any of these clowns have been caught rigging markets and were forced to pay fines or anything. It's not like they have been caught on tape more than once admitting BO care was a big con job on the American people. Right? Nah... nothing to see here.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    C-theorists and kool-aid consumers can all agree that wealth is much more concentrated than say a decade ago and with less players in a given market, moves will often be more dramatic and unpredictable then when more participants were involved, even if manipulation is not the goal.
  • roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There's a study that concludes that gullible folks are being manipulated into saying things like that, manipulated into thinking that they have secret knowledge, and manipulated into increasingly vocal preaching and holier-than-thou proclamations, and particularly manipulated into doing so on unrelated topic chat forums to spread "the truth" as they have been manipulated into seeing and believing it. >>

Those gullible folks also include those who say everything is great, all the time.....such that our governments, economies and financial systems are all working in our best interests. image

Are the Bilderbergs, Council on Foreign Relations, and other "helpful" organizations all trying to make J6P's life better?

Fwiw I do believe that chart patterns work. What I also believe is that the PTB help to make "some" chart patterns work better than others. image

Citigroup just fined $2.7 BILL for their role in rigging Libor and currencies. Small potatoes as they probably made >20X that.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

• << <i>

<< <i>There's a study that concludes that gullible folks are being manipulated into saying things like that, manipulated into thinking that they have secret knowledge, and manipulated into increasingly vocal preaching and holier-than-thou proclamations, and particularly manipulated into doing so on unrelated topic chat forums to spread "the truth" as they have been manipulated into seeing and believing it. >>

Those gullible folks also include those who say everything is great, all the time.....such that our governments, economies and financial systems are all working in our best interests. image

Are the Bilderbergs, Council on Foreign Relations, and other "helpful" organizations all trying to make J6P's life better?

Fwiw I do believe that chart patterns work. What I also believe is that the PTB help to make chart patterns work. image

Citigroup just fined $2.7 BILL for their role in rigging Libor and currencies. Small potatoes as they probably made >20X that. >>

Bingo, on examples like Citigroup. They could care less if they pay a fine as long as the end payoff is far greater. Their 'end justifies the means' is what most if not all of them live by.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, I love the elitist attitude from some that work in the system. What you fail to understand is that in the end you and your family are not immune from these issues either. >>

True.

My thought is that we will all end up in the same soup line. Some will sip broth while others consume chowder, but the line will be the same.
    Thanks guitarwes for keeping the thread on target rather than blame other for their own lack of comprehension.

I do believe the 10 year uptrend line will offer support.--this line represents only a 9% annualized return indicating to me very little excess or extreme bullish emotion. Those buying close to the trend line should be able to experience similar (if not greater) rates of return over the next decade. Those who bought well above the line will of course see much lower returns (and probably blame Obama, Bernanke, Dimon, Bob Dillon and their mom) imageimage

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Dylan
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

bob dylan conspiracy you asked ? here you go

In 1966, Bob Dylan was extremely thin and had the look of a speed addict. In June 1966, Bob had returned from a nine-month world tour, which was especially grueling because he received hostility over his new sound. During the tour, Dylan plugged his guitar in and added an electrified backup band. Following Bob’s motorcycle accident, he disappeared for six weeks and canceled a scheduled 64-date American tour. A number of different accounts of the crash have been given by Bob Dylan and his friends. This has caused people to become suspicious of the incident. About the accident, Bob Dylan said that he broke several vertebrae in his neck. However, no ambulance was called and Dylan was not hospitalized.

Bob’s biographers have written that the crash offered Dylan the much-needed chance to escape from the pressures of life. Others have suggested that Bob entered a drug rehabilitation clinic and that the motorcycle accident was a cover. In the wake of his crash, Bob Dylan withdrew from the public and, apart from a few select appearances, did not tour again for eight years. The amount of Bob Dylan pictures available from 1966 is immense. In 1967, his photographs resemble an entirely different individual. This has raised the conspiracy that Bob Dylan was killed in a 1966 motorcycle crash and replaced with a look-alike, possibly the second such occurrence for Dylan. In the back of your mind, you could be wondering how Bob Dylan, the greatest poet, lyricist and protest writer of the early 1960s, sat by quietly watching as Vietnam and the Civil Rights Movement of the late 1960s exploded. Then you examine the two photographs provided.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROFLMAO.....Too frikken funny......
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭
    The expression on that cat's face looks like he wants to choke that guy on a hairball while he's asleep.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    From the photo, it appears that the Duct Tape chin strap is the key to making this ion interceptor work as it likely conducts the flow of the charges around the complete head...good improvement on a simple design.

"Look out kid, you're gonna get hit..."
    BD
    Dam auto correct jmski.image

Great stuff Bronco!!!

WRM, you fail to see lots of things. imageimageimage

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to me like silver held $15 support.

Expect resistance around $19, and then lots more at $26. I personally do not expect to see $35 again for several years. Please please let me be wrong and surprised and get out at $38!

I go on the internet and there is no shortage of silver for sale, one can buy as much metal as they want. Now if they want a specific collector item, well, that's the supply/demand/quantity/price economics of that particular item.

Is it "neat"? Pay up or go without!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

You are right WRM. Silver went under my "close enough" for a few hours. I sincerely hope this did not cause you an financial or emotional pain.

P.S. Classic "ad hominem" - ignore my question and imply that I'm an idiot that "fails to see a lot of things".

Actually, if I implied anything it was that you have poor eyesight, not that you are an idiot. Stop being so hard on yourself. You can do this.

Folks, technical analysis is not rocket science. Even a vaccinated, foolish idiot can do this. Just eliminate your predispositions. Free yourself of emotional attachment. Get a good nights sleep. Hug your kids, lovers, parents. Laugh a little.

Expect resistance around $19, and then lots more at $26. I personally do not expect to see $35 again for several years

I agree. $35 in 4 years is 15% per year. PM stackers should be pretty happy with this, unless they bought into the hype in 2011, 2012, 2013, in which case many will be breaking even.

<< <i>Yet another classic ad hominem - ignore my question and imply that I'm an idiot because I "fail to see a lot of things". Sure, the price went down after you made the 14 EOY call. So what. It still has not hit your target. What's your point?

I see well enough to know that you posted this on 24 November:
    "I was calling for $14, it hit $15.04. Thats close enough for me to say it has established a bottom."

So, first you say "14 silver EOY". Then you say "the bottom is in". Now you're again saying "14 EOY"? image

Make up your mind. It can't be "14 EOY" if "the bottom is in".

BTW, I edited my 11/26 replies to "IS theory" and "Bo Polny" on 11/28, but didn't "bump" those threads. image

Cheers, >>

Again, you are right WRM. The low was $14.15, not $14.00 image Im impressed.

Why do you edit your comments days after you make them?

Like i said.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most important statement that will appear on any prospectus: "Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>The most important statement that will appear on any prospectus: "Past performance is no guarantee of future results." >>

Agreed, I like "Past performance can be very indicative of future results".

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

BTW, I edited my 11/26 replies to "IS theory" and "Bo Polny" on 11/28, but didn't "bump" those threads. image

Cheers, >>

Swearing at people in Polish is not allowed on this forum sir

<< <i>

<< <i>Again, you are right WRM. The low was $14.15, not $14.00 image Im impressed.

Why do you edit your comments days after you make them? >>

There was a double post, and I wanted to add a point without bumping the thread to the top. I always note what/why I edit.

True that the price spiked down to ~14.15, on a Sunday evening during Globex market. But, that was the first of December, a full week after you called 15.04 "the bottom". That makes you wrong twice - once for the bottom call, and again for the 14 call (14.15 is not 14). Furthermore, that 14.15 was essentially clear evidence of price suppression, especially considering that the price rallied some 19% off of that low in less than 24 hours. That is not typical price movement for a free market.

You'll have to try harder. image

Cheers, >>

I said silver at 14 by end of year. It did that.

I said silver at 15 was close enough to my target to say a bottom was most likely in. Silver did go under 15 for a few hours and is now up 13% from my "bottom" comment.

Those are facts.

14.15 was essentially clear evidence of price suppression

Not a fact.

That is not typical price movement for a free market

Not a fact.

Feel free to debate fact with me anytime. You will always lose, and thats a fact. imageimage

Bottomline of this thread is that I used charts to anticipate a progression of a pattern. That pattern did progress a anticipated. My intent is/was to show that proper interpretation of chart patterns can be a very useful tool in an investors toolbelt.

Approaching a job without the necessary tools can often lead to poor performance. Elimination of risk is the first step toward success.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is WRM sure likes to use the term "ad hominem." Such buzzphrases are staples on talk radio.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.