Home Precious Metals

I bought/sold ________ today. (fill in the blank)

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
I bought 10K, 14K, and 18K gold today.

I sold copper and silver.

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought a few huge cans of beans , and tomato sauce and veggies to make vat of my famous venison chili . image 6 point buck shot the other day by my older brother will complete the recipe.

for metal I bought 3 5 oz silver bars from a friend I don't like bars but he twisted my arm a little.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bawt nuttin, selled nuttin.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I bought a 6 pk. of Guniess Blonde and squandered half of it away.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I bought a couple happy hour items and pre-sold this painting for post xmas delivery.

• CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Bought a gallon of paint.
    Paid my pickup tax & license which was $20.24.

Oh yea, it is a '91 GMC.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?

<< <i>Yesterday I bought a couple happy hour items and pre-sold this painting for post xmas delivery.

image >>

I think if you painted a bit faster you could have got twice as much for it as a pre halloween sale image
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I think if you painted a bit faster you could have got twice as much for it as a pre halloween sale image >>

Ha, true! I actually did a series of 5 of these in the summer and was debating taking them to a furniture shop that has a ton of Day of the Dead stuff in it (still might). Haven't done a show in a couple years and have been doing sales either by commission or for friends.

To paraphrase one of the quotes here: I'm in lazy sales mode.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    I bought $90.50 face value of 90% Roosevelt Dimes.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    I bought some huckleberry chocolates for the girlfriend and movies for me. Sold nothing but got a silver koala, maple leaf and libertad in the mail so a pretty good day imo.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold my soul to the company store, and bought a bottle of bourbon

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes,

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.”
    ― W.C. Fields
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was neither buyer nor seller today....yesterday, that was different. Will post when I receive it and find out if I cherry picked or not....Cheers, RickO
  • USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    I have been selling quite allot on eBay, almost everything. People are paying less for most items except vintage stuff these days.

I have been buying scrap sterling jewelry for 40 cents a gram
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought some XLE
    Sold a CC Dollar on Feebay at Above Full Retail ( CC Dollars are hot as a pistol ) Go figure
    Everything else is in the dumps
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Bought last week using eBay 10% off coupon ($100 max discount), coin came in the mail today. Usual crappy phone pic...

trozau (troy ounce gold)
    bought nuttin sold some silver brits.
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Bought a full tank of gas for about $34, cheapest I remember in years!
    Ed

<< <i>Bought a full tank of gas for about $34, cheapest I remember in years! >>

Yep. Me too and having 70 cents per gallon reward points didn't hurt either.image
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought $2.20 face value Roosevelt dimes and Washington quarters (90%) for more yesterday than I would pay today.

I think the raising the debt ceiling like we do, only lowers the floor further, during uncertain times.

I bought a bunch of weird silver at melt . What I bought were a few half ounce Aussie lunar series , 2 1 oz. silver rounds from Belize 2002 dated , 2 1913 funf mark 90% silver coins that are au or low end unc with toning , some nice prooflike canadian 80% dollars , and weirdly enough a roll of sweet unc clad half balboas .

What I passed on was a small pile of ICG graded world coins which after looking up completed sales on ebay I need to swoop on. Guernsey , iceland , isle of man etc that look like an easy flip for double or more .

Also some zlotnys from the 1930's and some german silver from the same period i should grab. Hopefully the guy isn't closing early this afternoon.
  • seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    I'm def going to buy to finish out some 2014 items. Fair warning...market sure to drop soon after.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    I bought 2014 5oz though 1/20 silver libertads. Now I need to look for a cool holder for them.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sold some old manuf. equipment

Bot. a bunch of XLE and NUGT in the $9's again after my last trade earlier this year
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a 100 oz Engelhard from Provident today. With shipping and the cc differential it was around $1750.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought diesel for $2.69/ gallon today... in California!! Wow!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    I purchased $11.50 face (Liberty quarters and Kennedy halves). Net cost was 7.8% under spot.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.