Home Metal Detecting

Interesting Conversation with a fellow detectorist

On Wednesday I was detecting at a sports complex that I have had a lot of success over the years but have noticed that it is slacking off the last couple of years. As I detected a guy stopped to see how I was doing. He said he detected there almost every week. He watched me for awhile and said that I was getting a lot more hits than he did and that he must have missed a lot. I found $4.90 in less than two hours. He said that he used a screwdriver like I did so he wouldn't dig up the area.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of MD did he use? Otherwise it may be his technique/skill level....Cheers, RickO
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    would be interesting to see him detect. Maybe he's one of those "pendulum" swingers, who also happen to swing fast. Could have high discrimination too. In a lot of my areas, seems like people cherry pick the high tones and leave the cent and pull tab signals.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very true...I have seen cherrypickers miss some good stuff too.... at the beach and fields....my motto (and the motto of most dedicated MD'rs) is 'Dig everything, miss nothing.'....Cheers, RickO