Home Precious Metals

Money Show of the Southwest report

Went to the Money Show of the Southwest this morning. The short story...gold bars $25 over spot, ase's $20 a copy. It seemed like there was plenty of PM inventory. Not as crowded as I remember this show as being. Weather wasn't bad, lots of construction around the show site but no real reason for things to be slow. Didn't see a lot of buying at 11:00 on a Saturday morning. One guy had some d mint $5 classics that I've been trying to get, actually he had 3. I'll get with him at a later date. Saw a lot of the usual stuff but more dealers than pedestrians I would say. Ran across Stewart from the coin forums but he said he hasn't been on the site in a while. He showed me the very nice ngc 63 saint he snagged at the Heritage auction so I showed him my ngc vf35 09s indian cent that I had picked up. PCGS had set up so they were taking submissions only so I left off a handful of modern gold coins for grading and they said I should have them back mid/late January.

Always fun to go to shows. Good on all you dealers for showing up.

Comments

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a show I'd like to visit someday. The most recent show in St. Louis was slower than usual as well.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good show....wish I could go to some of these...just too far for a short show like that...Cheers, RickO