Home Sports Talk

OK.....Dallas at Philly......

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
Which Dallas team will show up and what are their chances to beat the beagles at their place?????

I HATE (100M times 100M) the beagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Hatred is the dominant emotion in sports. Without the opponent, we have no sports.

Having said that, Dallas will get rolled over.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hatred is the dominant emotion in sports. Without the opponent, we have no sports.

Having said that, Dallas will get rolled over. >>

I hate you. image

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Philly beats Seattle Sunday, that game will likely determine whether Dallas makes the playoffs or not, or wins the NFC East.

Sanchez vs Romo--I like Romo, even though Sanchez is better than Jet fans give him credit for.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    If the o line protects like it did last night and the defense comes to play this time, I see no reason why this won't be another Cowboy's win. The key will be pressuring Sanchez and making him revert back to his former Jets self.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I pick the Eagles , Dallas could barely stop Cutlet the other night from coming back. They don't stand a chance against the mighty Sanchez image

<< <i>If the o line protects like it did last night and the defense comes to play this time, I see no reason why this won't be another Cowboy's win. The key will be pressuring Sanchez and making him revert back to his former Jets self. >>

Agreed. The OL is the primary reason they are 9-4. Romo was under pressure on Thanksgiving and that was the difference, imo.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Eagles win by 21...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dallas isn't quite there yet. I don't think it really matters. The Packers will be the NFC rep in the SB.

It would be fun just to kick the beagles arse!
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimeman, Dallas will not be in the Super Bowl this season in fact I dont think they ever will be with Tony Romo at QB.

Just wanted to break the news to you just incase Dallas does beat Philly and you decide to continue these threads going forward before Cowboy games image

<< <i>Hatred is the dominant emotion in sports. Without the opponent, we have no sports. >>

Hate belongs in everyones vocabulary when it comes to sports talk.

I HATE the New York Giants
    I HATE the New York Yankees
    >>>Dimeman, Dallas will not be in the Super Bowl this season in fact I dont think they ever will be with Tony Romo at QB.<<<

I used to KNOW that, be he has changed in the fact that he doesn't have melt downs and loses games this year like he has in the past.

As far as this year and the SB........the defense will keep them out for sure this year.

It will be Green Bay against either New England or Denver. Those to me are the best teams in the NFL right now. Of course injuries can change that at any time.

<< <i>>>>Dimeman, Dallas will not be in the Super Bowl this season in fact I dont think they ever will be with Tony Romo at QB.<<<

I used to KNOW that, be he has changed in the fact that he doesn't have melt downs and loses games this year like he has in the past.

As far as this year and the SB........the defense will keep them out for sure this year.

It will be Green Bay against either New England or Denver. Those to me are the best teams in the NFL right now. Of course injuries can change that at any time. >>

Honestly New England could have a meltdown and it wouldnt suprise me
    Honestly New England could have a meltdown and it wouldnt suprise me

Me, either.. image

<< <i>Honestly New England could have a meltdown and it wouldnt suprise me

Me, either.. image >>

But the Pets are serious contenders!

<< <i>

<< <i>Hatred is the dominant emotion in sports. Without the opponent, we have no sports. >>

I HATE the New York Yankees >>

I hate the Giants as well Paul.

One good thing for the Pats this season is the fact that the Giants will not be in the super bowl giving them the chance to actually win it

<< <i>

<< <i>

I HATE the New York Yankees >>

I hate the Giants as well Paul.

One good thing for the Pats this season is the fact that the Giants will not be in the super bowl giving them the chance to actually win it

image >>

All kidding aside? Im extremely happy that the Giants are going nowhere this Season because if they did by some crazy chance end up in the Super Bowl against the Pats they would beat us, we just dont know how to beat them!

Anyways,

Hi MATT image
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking for Bronco fandom, ........

I must acknowledge that Denver is a team that teases you and then disappoints you (i.e. last year's debacle in the Super Bowl).

Denver is in 1st place in the AFC West and has the #2 seed in the AFC as of today. Tomorrow may be different. I expect Denver to beat the Bills at home tomorrow. After tomorrow the Broncos still have to play at San Diego, at the Bengals and finally at home against the Raiders. IMO none of these three games is a lock win. The Raiders have a long history of spoiling the Broncos party and I expect nothing would please the Silver and Black more than winning in Denver in game 16 to cause Denver to lose the AFC West crown or even to miss the playoffs.

I would like to see AFC and NFC title games being New England at Denver and Seattle at Greenbay (or vice versa).

Denver vs. either the Packers or the Seahawks in the Super Bowl would be nice also, especially if Denver wins.
    Sanction there is zero chance the Raiders will beat Denver, Cincy and SD are not even close to Denver. I think the Broncos will be OK going forward just not sure how far they will or wont make it but they will be a team to reckon with regardless
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perkdog.

The logical side of me agrees with you.

The emotional side of me disregards your position and takes a trip down memory lane revisiting Denver's many stumbles through the decades [I have been a fan since I was a kid growing up in Denver in the 1960's]. All Super Bowl blowout losses come to mind as does the 1997 playoff loss to the Jacksonville Jags in Denver, the 2005 loss to Pittsburg in the AFC title game in Denver and losses to the Raiders (even when the Raiders are terrible) over the decades. Doing so tempers my current view of the 2014 team. I really enjoy the victories and successes Denver has. The losses are not as bad now. Prior to Denver winning two Superbowls in 1998 and 1999 at the end of Mr. Ed's career the losses were much harder to stomach.

What I do like seeing is each Denver win over the Raiders. Denver has has good success recently, enough so that the Raiders lead in the series has dropped to 60-48 and 2 (I think). If Denver wins the week 16 game against the Raiders it will only need to win 11 more games in a row to tie up the series. So if that happens I will only have to wait until the 2019 seasonimage

Denver was so bad in the early years that the Raiders built a huge series lead. Denver has been chipping way at it though.
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>>>>Dimeman, Dallas will not be in the Super Bowl this season in fact I dont think they ever will be with Tony Romo at QB.<<<

It will be Green Bay against either New England or Denver. Those to me are the best teams in the NFL right now. Of course injuries can change that at any time. >>

I have two agree. The pass defense or lack there of is killing them. I knew they struggled to rush the passer and cover but I did not realize how bad it was until Thursday night when the defense could not stop a Bears offense that was without its best reciever while Jeffrey and Bennett also played injured. They need to upgrade the pass rush with at least 2 guys that can get some pressure, a true free safety, and another cornerback that can actually cover and play physical.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    The Seahawks just tenderized the Eagles for the Cowboys next week.
    Thanks!!!! It was fun to watch!!!image
    if the Cowboy's don't beat the Eagles next week they don't deserve to win the division. Plain and simple.
    >>>if the Cowboy's don't beat the Eagles next week they don't deserve to win the division. Plain and simple.<<<

I totally agree!
    A few of the talking heads on NFL Network are picking the Cowboys to win. I'm sure they are being influenced by the undefeated road record. Lets hope the streak continues.
    I hope the talking heads are right.image But it will come down to how prepared the boys are coming into this game. They have had 10 days to figure out how to beat the beagles. They need a pass rush and to be able to stop the big plays. Tony will have to continue to play error free and make the correct decisions at the line. And of course Murray will have to have a BIG day.

Go COWBOYS!!!!!!
    Nice win! Feels good being on top. Feels better beating the eagles to get there.
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Murray will have to have a BIG day.

Nice to know we have a QB we can count on when our running game is a little stagnant. Dont look now, but Romo is on the verge of passing Aaron Rodgers as the top rated QB in football. Notice I did not say "elite" as that is a fraternity of a few. I said "top" as that is a fraternity of 1.
    Hard to believe the Cowboys are 7-0 (best record in football) on the road and 3-4 at home. Dallas has one home game and one road game left in the season. Given this season's trend, they will go 1-1.

The Eagles have two tough divisional, away games left against the Skins and Giants. Games like these you can throw out the records. These teams always seem to play each other tough.

If everything goes right, I'm guessing the Eagles will go 1-1 as well with a lose to the Giants.

Fingers crossed.
    >>>Nice to know we have a QB we can count on when our running game is a little stagnant. Dont look now, but Romo is on the verge of passing Aaron Rodgers as the top rated QB in football. Notice I did not say "elite" as that is a fraternity of a few. I said "top" as that is a fraternity of 1.<<<

Right now there is not much difference between Romo and Rodgers. Romo is having a banner year. Rodgers just had the worst game of his career.....it happens to them all. Even Manning (Payton) has had some, but I would say Manning is the best QB of all time.

Back to Romo......I just hope he continues to play well and doesn't revert back to his old ways. This year you can throw out the S.F. game.....he wasn't ready to come back. And the Turkey day game......too short of week. Again Romo has been great this year.

It's kid of a catch22 on wanting to win out and have home field disadvantage or play on the road where we are undefeated in the playoffs.image

Trouble is...if we don't win we may not even make the playoffs! Then there is the NFC South where you don't even have to have a winning record to get in.

<< <i>Eagles win by 21... >>

Been a long time since the euphoria of Thanksgiving..