Home Precious Metals

Eric Garner's real crime was that he did not work on Wall Street.

Poor fella would have been embraced by the ivory tower shylocks for his crimes of lying to authorities and evading various regulations.

Instead of a chokehold he would be contemplating a huge holiday bonus and a new corner office.

Staten Island was close, but as they say in real estate, location is everything.

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

But the fella that choked him to death and orphaned his kids over a cigarette or three is sorry about it and he will try to do better he swears.image
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But the fella that choked him to death and orphaned his kids over a cigarette or three is sorry about it and he will try to do better he swears.image >>

Like choke him harder and faster so that he can't say "I can't breathe."
    theknowitalltroll;
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resisting arrest is a crime..... this is collateral damage.... Cheers, RickO

It's surprising they didn't choke the camera man to death too. I'm sure they won't that mistake againimage

It's amusing to me that these protestors would expect a grand jury to indict the guy. The grand jury process is rigged to a degree wall street could only dream of .

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's surprising they didn't choke the camera man to death too. I'm sure they won't that mistake again >>

Guess it doesn't matter anyway.

I can easily defend Zimmerman and the Ferguson cop. This bunch though seemed out of control.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother in-law is a detective up there, had to be on protest duty yesterday.
  • We are being played here by the ptb, my fellow citizens. The cops are trained that we are their enemies as detailed in places like the MIAC report. In return, the cops are sent to the streets with a predisposed idea that we are against them. At the same time, the ptb promotes the thug culture on places like MTV with the hip hop music. That culture has music that states 'blank' the police, etc.. The end result? They get to play both sides off of one another as they use their race hustlers like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and other provocateurs to stir it up. Then, they sit back and watch it fester. All a divide and conquer agenda to keep the races fighting, and in the end, all this does is give the ptb an excuse to increase spending to expand the police state and take more of our freedom and liberty.

Mike Brown was served justice for attacking a police officer. Mr. Garner was murdered. The cop(s) that took his life need to stand trial.

MIAC report exposes police are trained that we are their enemies

Freeway Rick Ross exposes hip hop and who is behind promoting it
  • s4nys4ny Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Cameraman in this case is indicted today on weapons charges.

Search Ramsey Orta. I believe his wife was also busted for a separate offense.
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and Michael Brown was going to go to college in order to fulfill his dream of becoming a brain surgeon.
    His 31 prior arrests clearly show a path to medicine.

<< <i>and Michael Brown was going to go to college in order to fulfill his dream of becoming a brain surgeon. >>

His thievery was much simpler that of the surgeon.
    I don't know what you've told your children, but I've told my son that the police are out of control.
    No matter how egregious their directions or orders may be, do not resist and comply completely and immediately.
    All else is to be adjudicated in court.
    Much like arguing the ref's call in a game, the ref will not say 'oops, you're right'.
    Take the call and move on.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Guy gets murdered(per coroner's report) by banned police chockhold for selling a few untaxed cigarettes......
    Wall Steet types and bankers steal millions at tax payers expense and none every go to jail....
    Our justice system is broken/bought out by those with the big bucks....pure and simple!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more

<< <i>Guy gets murdered(per coroner's report) by banned police chockhold for selling a few untaxed cigarettes......
    Wall Steet types and bankers steal millions at tax payers expense and none every go to jail....
    Our justice system is broken/bought out by those with the big bucks....pure and simple! >>

Agree, Mariner!

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't believe all of those protestors had the day off from work.
  • air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if the ones complaining and protesting could maybe work in a nice size county jail for about year, being subjected to threats and beatings on a daily basis. Seeing what these type of individuals are capable of inflicting upon a police officer. Most likely they would be too cowardice to perform this duty. Most people just watch TV police shows and have no idea what the occupation is or how the job is performed in real life with real life threats. These law enforcement people have beating hearts, families and want to stay alive like the rest of us. If there is a threat to them they should react to this threat within the guidelines of the law and the departmental orders. No police officer should have to take a beating because he afraid of getting persecuted for defending his life(Ferguson example). I personally have witnessed many acts of violence where it took several police officers to subdue a perp. with the outcome of an officer being severly injured. Ironic thing is that these people that have such hatred towards the police will be calling for their help when all hell break lose on them. If you fight or resist expect to get hurt.....simple as that.

<< <i>If there is a threat to them they should react to this threat within the guidelines of the law and the departmental orders. >>

It is a difficult and often thankless job to be a cop. The pay is mediocre at best and the consequences can be dire.

Those in law enforcement should always be given the benefit of the doubt.

Sometimes though there is little or no doubt. Many incidents of resisting arrest occur daily without incident or serious injury to the alleged perp or the arresting officers. This was a case in my opinion, of gross overreaction which resulted in a death.

Chokehold is prohibited by the NYPD. Pepper spray or taser would have provided the same outcome of disabling the arrestee and because of his compromised health may have also have resulted in his demise. Either though would have been in keeping with the cities policy and may have spared his life.
  • icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    This whole thread should be deleted! Nothing to do with precious metals!
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog

<< <i>

<< <i>If there is a threat to them they should react to this threat within the guidelines of the law and the departmental orders. >>

It is a difficult and often thankless job to be a cop. The pay is mediocre at best and the consequences can be dire.

Those in law enforcement should always be given the benefit of the doubt.

Sometimes though there is little or no doubt. Many incidents of resisting arrest occur daily without incident or serious injury to the alleged perp or the arresting officers. This was a case in my opinion, of gross overreaction which resulted in a death.

Chokehold is prohibited by the NYPD. Pepper spray or taser would have provided the same outcome of disabling the arrestee and because of his compromised health may have also have resulted in his demise. Either though would have been in keeping with the cities policy and may have spared his life. >>

It looks to me like he put his hands up. Is that resisting arrest? image

PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND WE WILL SHOOT!!!!!!
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This whole thread should be deleted! Nothing to do with precious metals! >>

Not true at all! When mainstream society sees how the left wing media and the current government unfairly treats those who are tasked with risking their lives to protecting us, the overall malaise gripping this country increases. Citizens buy guns and precious metals because they no longer trust their government. Sadly, I don't see this trend changing any time soon.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

<< <i>It looks to me like he put his hands up. Is that resisting arrest? >>

Yes. He was certainly resisting arrest.
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I like when they hit them with those stun tazzer darts

In the Faceimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.

<< <i>

<< <i>It looks to me like he put his hands up. Is that resisting arrest? >>

Yes. He was certainly resisting arrest. >>

The video that I saw showed him flailing and fighting with the cops. At 350 pounds it took several cops to restrain him. It was unfortunate that he died but considering he had 31 prior arrests he should have known better than to fight with the police.

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

<< <i> It was unfortunate that he died but considering he had 31 prior arrests he should have known better than to fight with the police. >>

With or without 31 arrests he should have known that.

Yes he was a great danger to society image

Cigarettes are of course poison and we should be protected from those evil men that sell them.

<< <i>

<< <i> It was unfortunate that he died but considering he had 31 prior arrests he should have known better than to fight with the police. >>

With or without 31 arrests he should have known that. >>

Yes, but some people are slow learners and need the occasional refresher course.

<< <i>Yes he was a great danger to society image

Cigarettes are of course poison and we should be protected from those evil men that sell them. >>

Imagine what they would have done to him if he was selling 18 ounce bottles of Pepsi.

Cigarettes are of course poison and we should be protected from those evil men that sell them. >>

I agree with the poison...but the unforgivable crime was preventing the state from collection its taxation.
    Don't mess with the King's deer.
    This will cost NYC taxpayers millions of dollars.
    The family will rightfully sue NYC.
    NYC will never want/allow this to go to trail.
    NYC will settle out of court for millions.

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more

<< <i>

I agree with the poison...but the unforgivable crime was preventing the state from collection its taxation.
    Don't mess with the King's deer. >>

Agree but the greater crime was resisting arrest and fighting with a police officer while doing so.

Stop and frisk is another wonderful feature of the Big Apple. image

Wiki
    "Agree but the greater crime was resisting arrest and fighting with a police officer while doing so."

Absolutely...if he had complied (at the time aware he was committing illegal acts) he'd be back on the corner selling again.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignorance … it's what's for breakfast in the precious metal's forum.

HE>I

<< <i>Ignorance … it's what's for breakfast in the precious metal's forum. >>

Sounds like you just proved your point.image

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ignorance … it's what's for breakfast in the precious metal's forum. >>

Sounds like you just proved your point.image >>

So, chow down _______

HE>I

I remember a number of years ago the City of Ames personnel director making the following comment in an informal setting. If you think the ones we have now are bad, you should see the ones we don't hire. Apparently they get hired in Cleveland or maybe even Utah
    theknowitalltroll;
  • ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Guy gets murdered(per coroner's report) by banned police chockhold for selling a few untaxed cigarettes......
    Our justice system is broken/bought out by those with the big bucks....pure and simple! >>

Agree, Mariner!

image >>

* NO CHOKE HOLD. That's just a media meme. Eric Gardner died from complications from bad health. If you want to make a comparative point that had he been smoking a joint he would have gotten a ticket with a notice to appear instead of being arrested for failing to collect / pay a city tax then that would be valid. Repeating a lie isn't a just argument, it's just pathetic.

For your consideration since you want to get your panties in a wad over excessive use of force then check out this video of a cop murdering Dillon Taylor in Salt Lake City 2 days after Michael Brown was killed. In Taylor's case, he isn't even being accused of committing a crime. The DA wouldn't even submit this to a Grand Jury for consideration. Why? Perhaps because the cop would be indicted for murdering a white guy.

<< <i>* NO CHOKE HOLD. >>

I better get my eyes checked then. Seems that a 200 pound cop was locked around his neck. Perhaps the 6 leo's would be better off heading up to the top floor suite on Wall and Broad for their next collar. Bring a forensic accountant and a bunch of plastic restraints. They will surrender without a fight and the payoff will be much more substantial.

Unfortunately the lefties are connecting Ferguson to Garner. No comparison as one homicide was justified and the other was not.
    Eleanor Holmes Norton, is that you?

The day John Corzine is arrested, indicted, and put on trial is the day we turn the corner.

<< <i>Eleanor Holmes Norton, is that you? >>

As conservative on the forum, but I do not approve of giving carte blanche to the police force.

The chokehold was gross negligence at the least. In a city that allows police to stop and frisk any citizen for any trumped up reason, this is the result.
    Now this is quality police work!

Text

<< <i>Now this is quality police work!

Text >>

Now that is good shooting I agree image

<< <i>

As conservative on the forum, but I do not approve of giving carte blanche to the police force.

The chokehold was gross negligence at the least. In a city that allows police to stop and frisk any citizen for any trumped up reason, this is the result. >>

Last time going there.

Garner died as a result of cops being on top of him and the resulting chest compression coupled with an asthmatic attack that went untreated by EMS, plus heart disease, and obesity. I suspect an anxiety attack initiated the asthmatic attack (imho). No rational person could conclude he was choked out after watching the video. The autopsy results have not been made public, but I suspect my guesses will be very close to the coroner's report that a choke hold was not the proximate cause of death.

A Grand Jury has very broad powers including doing their own investigation, subpoenaing witnesses, and asking far ranging questions. It is a fact finding mission unlike a jury trial where process rules the day. NONE of that fact finding would be allowed at a jury trial. They worked this case for months. I have the utmost confidence in their having made the right decision.

<< <i>I suspect an anxiety attack initiated the asthmatic attack (imho). >>

Mixing facts with speculation is always a losing debate tactic. Work on your presentation for a bit and then come back with your arrogance and insults in the morning.

<< <i>

<< <i>

The chokehold was gross negligence at the least. In a city that allows police to stop and frisk any citizen for any trumped up reason, this is the result. >>

Last time going there.

Garner died as a result of cops being on top of him and the resulting chest compression coupled with an asthmatic attack that went untreated by EMS, plus heart disease, and obesity. I suspect an anxiety attack initiated the asthmatic attack (imho). No rational person could conclude he was choked out after watching the video. The autopsy results have not been made public, but I suspect my guesses will be very close to the coroner's report that a choke hold was not the proximate cause of death.

A Grand Jury has very broad powers including doing their own investigation, subpoenaing witnesses, and asking far ranging questions. It is a fact finding mission unlike a jury trial where process rules the day. NONE of that fact finding would be allowed at a jury trial. They worked this case for months. I have the utmost confidence in their having made the right decision. >>

Sure blame the fat guy for dying

Are you serious? image Grand Juries are all fixed they do what they are told , if a prosecutor wants an indictment he gets it , if he doesn't then there isn't one. They didn't work anything it was a forgone conclusion from day one what they would decide. All smoke and mirrors .

These 6 little heroes murdered a guy over a cigarette .
    Over on wall street they are stealing billions and no one does a thing .

<< <i>

<< <i>I suspect an anxiety attack initiated the asthmatic attack (imho). >>

Mixing facts with speculation is always a losing debate tactic. Work on your presentation for a bit and then come back with your arrogance and insults in the morning. >>

Stating that Garner was choked to death as a fact doesn't even rise to the level speculation. It's just a lie at this point. At least when I opine I offer it as such.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Last time going there.

A Grand Jury has very broad powers including doing their own investigation, subpoenaing witnesses, and asking far ranging questions. It is a fact finding mission unlike a jury trial where process rules the day. NONE of that fact finding would be allowed at a jury trial. They worked this case for months. I have the utmost confidence in their having made the right decision. >>

Sure blame the fat guy for dying

Are you serious? image Grand Juries are all fixed they do what they are told , if a prosecutor wants an indictment he gets it , if he doesn't then there isn't one. They didn't work anything it was a forgone conclusion from day one what they would decide. All smoke and mirrors .

These 6 little heroes murdered a guy over a cigarette .
    Over on wall street they are stealing billions and no one does a thing . >>

So Grand Juries don't have the investigative powers I enumerated?

Tell us all about it, Perry Mason. Tell us all about their duties, their powers, and their limitations. image

Thanks for reminding me why not to waste my time on here.

<< <i>Now this is quality police work!

Text >>

Dumb luck more than likely.
    theknowitalltroll;

<< <i>

<< <i>* NO CHOKE HOLD. >>

I better get my eyes checked then. Seems that a 200 pound cop was locked around his neck. Perhaps the 6 leo's would be better off heading up to the top floor suite on Wall and Broad for their next collar. Bring a forensic accountant and a bunch of plastic restraints. They will surrender without a fight and the payoff will be much more substantial.

Unfortunately the lefties are connecting Ferguson to Garner. No comparison as one homicide was justified and the other was not. >>

Mark, your eyes are fine as are the eyes of the world.
    What the professionals are saying, and I'll defer to their judgment:

... the grand jury got it right, saying he used an authorized takedown move - not a banned chokehold - and that Garner's poor health was the main cause of his death.

I’ve worked in mental health for six years and I teach verbal and physical crisis prevention to both behavioral health staff and emergency department personnel. It occurs, not from a “chokehold,” as seen in the video. Indeed, it doesn’t appear that the officer held onto Garner’s throat long enough to directly cause his death. Rather, restraint-related positional asphyxia is the result of the patient being face down on the ground or having someone put his weight on the individual’s chest, leaving the patient unable to expand his or her chest to inhale. In this way (and if this is truly the case), the death could be ruled a homicide (death caused by another human being) without being intentional murder. Officer Daniel Pantaleo is seen in the video first putting Garner in a chokehold and the group of officers wrestling him to the ground. However, once face-down on the concrete to put the cuffs on, Pantaleo is kneeling on Garner’s upper back and head. It was at this point that Garner began to say he couldn’t breathe.

Bo Dietl says: And it was a headlock, not a chokehold. To be a chokehold, there must be constant pressure on the person’s neck, compressing his windpipe or cutting off the flow of blood to the carotid artery, rendering him unconscious.
    Watch the video: It’s obvious that the arresting officer put his arm around Garner’s neck to bring him to the ground — but once Garner was on the ground, he was still conscious and able to say he couldn’t breathe.
    That’s when the officers called for medical back-up. Tragically, the EMS personnel failed to administer oxygen or to ascertain that Garner was asthmatic and use an inhaler to assist with his breathing.