Home Precious Metals
Options

What is the well known go to 10 oz bar?

I'm looking to purchase a 10 oz Bar for a friend but want to get something that is well known and easy to sell but I have no experience with this size. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Spiffs on Broadway is a nice bar. Most of their stuff is 12 ounces though. image

J&M and Engelhard are good choices.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first year of issue for the 10 oz. .9999 silver bar from the Canadian Mint. That would be my choice.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't collect bars, but Scottsdale bars are kinda cool, in my opinion.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    I would buy a 10 ounce bar of silver...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of the Geiger bars myself
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JMBullion has 10 ounce Gairsoppa @ $2.99 over.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ranking needs to be made with relative premiums.
    Top flight is JM and Engelhard
    RCM might be ok only if premium is in line with those 2.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many well known quality silver bars in the marketplace---NTR, Silvertowne, OPM, Johnson-Matthey, Scottsdale, Monarch PM, Engelhard, Royal Canadian Mint, etc. There are also numerous European made bars. Check out some of the precious metals dealer web sites to see what's available.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There are many well known quality silver bars in the marketplace---NTR, Silvertowne, OPM, Johnson-Matthey, Scottsdale, Monarch PM, Engelhard, Royal Canadian Mint, etc. There are also numerous European made bars. Check out some of the precious metals dealer web sites to see what's available. >>

My preference would be PAMP, Credit Suisse or Geiger, if you're willing to pay the build in premium.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There are many well known quality silver bars in the marketplace---NTR, Silvertowne, OPM, Johnson-Matthey, Scottsdale, Monarch PM, Engelhard, Royal Canadian Mint, etc. There are also numerous European made bars. Check out some of the precious metals dealer web sites to see what's available. >>

Any of these would be fine for a beginner stacking a single 10 oz bar. Whichever is the lowest premium.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    I have a few Scottsdale Stacker 10oz bars and they are really nice bars. I like the looks of the APMEX and OPM 10oz bars but haven't bought any yet.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunshine Mint are popular. RCM bars would be a good choice too.