Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Vintage Yankees ticket help...

Can anyone help me ID this ?

my searches are coming up empty...

the back is totally blank...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

Comments

• Options
    I believe this is a fantasy piece. Tickets in 1932 should cost in the $1.25 vicinity and have 'terms' on the back.

Similar, different game.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    This Lady's Day stub is pretty similar. Same tax, service charge, and printer. It has terms on the back though.
    link
  • Options
    I found one piece of info from Keyman Collectibles: The Divinne-Brown Corp only printed tickets for the Yankees from 1938-1940, so that narrows it down a bit.
  • Options
    **Double Post**
  • Options

<< <i>I believe this is a fantasy piece. Tickets in 1932 should cost in the $1.25 vicinity and have 'terms' on the back. >>

I first thought that about the price, but his ticket is only showing the tax and service fee, not the ticket price.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I believe this is a fantasy piece. Tickets in 1932 should cost in the $1.25 vicinity and have 'terms' on the back. >>

I first thought that about the price, but his ticket is only showing the tax and service fee, not the ticket price. >>

I found an article that says ladies got in free on Lady's Day (other than the tax and service charge??), so that could explain why there is no price.
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    In the baseball almanac it lists those games as double headers every year from 1938-1940. Maybe that has something to do with the fact there is not a price on it. Maybe it gained admission to the second game for just the tax? 1938 and 40 against St. Louis and 1939 against the red sox.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Has to be 1938-39 ticket. Like an above post stated "TheDevinne-Brown Ticket Corp" only appeared on tickets from 1938-40. After1940 they went to "Brown Ticket Corp" . Also, for 1940 season the ticket numbers changed from black to red.

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the help...it is a 1932...

just got off the phone with a very reputable source...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Would you mind telling us the details as to why they believe this is a 1932 ticket ? I'm not debating that it isn't, but as a ticket collector I would like to know how they dated it.

• Options
    It's pretty clear that Devinne-Brown only made tickets from 1938 to 1940. I would also be interested in hearing why the source thinks it is from 1932.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    The REVENUE ACT OF 1932 was passed in June of that year. This can't be a 1932 ticket.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenue_Act_of_1932
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I am going to back pedal a little...I was told it was either a 32 or 33

- uncut

• Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    A couple of examples on ebay that might help

I know it is football, but it looks exactly like the 1932 world series ticket stub

Here is a 1940 stub and it definitely looks closer

Edit to say I am interested in what would make it a 1932 or 33 ticket also.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better