Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1971 Milk Duds Hank Aaron

2»

Comments

• Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    Hadn't run across this thread for some reason...

Those Milk Duds boxes (which I've never seen before) look absolutely awesome IMO folded and shrink wrapped!

Great pieces, Mike, love the Clemente!
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi everyone

I want to add a few more Milk Duds boxes that I just shrink wrapped.

Roberto Clemente, Ron Santo and Orlando Cepeda

These display really nice boxed and wrapped for protection from handling.

The Clemente was really nice - looks great in my hand!

This is one of those deals - do you like them folded or flat or grade-holdered.

Again, thanx for viewing. >>

Those look great exactly as you have them and for display I would do exactly the same, if I were as talented at reinforcing and wrapping!
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Very cool idea on the shrink wrap!! Nice stuff and thanks for the idea!!!!image
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    I love the Milk Duds boxes! Congratulations.

Just a vivid recollection from the time. I remember the local store in Elk Grove Village, Illinois that carried them. It was not a chain grocery store, but larger than a Mom 'n Pop. They were in hopeless competition with the Jewel Food Store at the other end of the strip mall. Anyway, the store had a large bin full of them for kids to sort through, and the price-----just 5 cents a box. When you consider that the cost per card was five times that of a regular 'ol Topps card, fine as they were in 1971, this imparts a thought-provoking perspective. Also, after getting Thurman Munson's spectacular 1971 Topps card, I became kind of a fan of his. Sifting through all those Milk Dud boxes, I was trying to find a reasonably centered Milk Duds Munson. Try as I might, they all seemed to be centered to the right, extremely close to the box fold. Uggh, the frustration comes back to me that I felt that day. I picked out the best two I could find, and a few other players, and left the store! ---Indiana Jones (Brian Powell)
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Per usual, outstanding stuff, Mike.

You shrink like a champ!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx for the kind words guys!

I just picked up this one to be shrink wrapped at a later date.

1971 Milk Dud Hank Aaron

Was Beckett "raw graded" a 7. It'll look good full box shrink wrapped.

Mike
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Love these MD boxes. Seeing your Killebrew made me search out my McCovey. After getting it, it was tough to restrain myself from getting more of the set. They're very cool and look so good when wrapped.

Great stuff as always Stone!
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    Nice work stuffing the MD boxes with the poster board Mike.

It may be overkill, but if these are possibly going to be handled like you say, I'd add one more piece of poster board in the middle....like this. Or maybe more of a square so it cant topple over.

All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice work stuffing the MD boxes with the poster board Mike.

It may be overkill, but if these are possibly going to be handled like you say, I'd add one more piece of poster board in the middle....like this. Or maybe more of a square so it cant topple over.

image >>

Thanx for your input.

Thanx everyone else for your kind words.
    Mike
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Mike, the Aaron box is incredible!
  • Options

<< <i>Mike, the Aaron box is incredible! >>

Thanx John - since it was graded a 7 by Beckett, it was well worth the $126 I paid.

Having the Aaron and Clemente along with the Mays Bazooka puts a big smile on my face.
    Mike
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Milk Duds are my least favorite candy because I had one pull a filling right out my tooth one time and never had a Dud again. That being said, LOL, great collection. I love the color of the boxes and large player photos. Aaron is killer. Thanks Mike. Doug
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Milk Duds are my least favorite candy because I had one pull a filling right out my tooth one time and never had a Dud again. That being said, LOL, great collection. I love the color of the boxes and large player photos. Aaron is killer. Thanks Mike. Doug

LOL Doug that's funny I had a milk dud pull a filling out on me as well 3 or 4 years ago.

Mike nice looking Aaron buddy.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nice items Mike, hope you have been well!

Good for you.
  • Options
    Thanx Doug - LOL and George.

<< <i>Nice items Mike, hope you have been well! >>

Hiya Steve

I'm doing great and you?

This is my last week and the office is sold - will close on Fri. - I'll work maybe 1 or 2 days a week for the next year and then take it from there - I'll be an employee. That means I come in and don't care who's late, sick or pissed off - I'll stay in the back with my laptop! image
    Mike