Home Precious Metals

Question about ebay bucks ?????

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

We buy all these coins and pile up all these Ebay bucks which is all well and good but they force you to buy more crap.

Everyone would rather have a coupon offer than a bucks offer of course because its upfront money as opposed to sort of money down the road a few months.

Once in a blue moon I've been successful buying lots of paper money with ebay bucks , in effect turning them into spendable cash but its a rare lot that allows you to do it.

Normally it takes a clueless seller that puts paper money at auction which sells very close to face value. The kind of auction where the poor seller winds up with less than if he had just spent the money. Modern star notes , things of that nature.

Does anyone here have a better strategy to turn ebay bucks into cash money? I've been thinking about gift cards but they are not exactly cash even though they are almost as good.

In the old days on ebay you could do targeted listings to a person. If they hadn't stopped that it would be possible for one forum member to list 100 in cash for $110 , ( or whatever ,just enough to cover fees )

The seller would in effect wind up with an instant transfer from the ebay bucks slush fund into his paypal account. The buyer would receive spendable folding money at a 90 cents on the dollar in exchange for accrued ebay bucks.

If the 2 parties are known to each other would there be a downside?

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    use your ebay bucks for more than just coins. Much of what you buy at the stores is sold on ebay often at better prices with free delivery. I just stocked up on quality HVAC filters at a cheaper price than Home Depot. Bought some appliance repair parts recently cheaper than at the local parts store.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my Auto Air Filters & Cabin Air Filters (less expensive than Autozone) are purchased on eBay, along with my cigarette coupons.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    A great place to purchase bathroom supplies such as razors and more even cheaper than Costco. Or other hobby stuff like good records that never go down in value (bluenote). Also I purchase stamps at below face.
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭
    I have also purchased cash on ebay using ebay bucks. One time, the seller backed out after I hit his buy-it-now. I assume he hadn't taken into account the fees that he was going to be hit with.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • s4nys4ny Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    I don't buy anything I don't want. I use all my bucks to buy silver: Franklins, Peace Dollars, etc.
    Just to use them up.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you need to have an idea of something you want to buy with the ebay bucks before you accumulate them.

Although, cash is preferred,. Converting it to cash would likely involve some against the rules moves that might threaten accounts or the program. I can say that last quarter I spent them at the last minute and filed a SNAD on one that took some time to resolve. They credited me back the bucks spent on that item into paypal instead of a new bucks certificate, but talking with the drones indicates that is an unusual move. I wound up spending it on ebay again.

These will come up in January and be good until the beginning of Feb. There will be new 2015 bullion to buy.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    New Balance shoes are a good buy on Ebay. Size is consistent unlike the swish brand.
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Target has a large selection of household items on eBay. Most with free shipping. Use the offers to stock up on items you normally buy anyway. Then use eBay bucks on coins, etc.