Home Precious Metals
Options

More ebay bucks 10% and 5% offers today

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

My seller account got a 5% over $50 offer and the buyer account got 10% over $100 both are 2 days

Junk 90% gold at below melt

10$ commemoratives

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    The Ebay circus continues. Stability would serve them better than promotional chaos.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Ebay circus continues. Stability would serve them better than promotional chaos. >>

Although I did not receive any offers except to earn 10 points if I send gift $$$ via my PayPal account. ( I have not idea what's that all about)
    I make it a habit not to look "a gift horse in the mouth." image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

I'm hoping APMEX will relist the french 10 franc gold I was looking at the other day. If not I'll settle for the 20 francs they have up I guess.

20 francs with the wrong Napoleon a tick over melt

there are also angel francs for a few bucks more .
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    thanks!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    be sure to "activate" in the ebay message before attempting to use.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    I received the 10% offer, also the silly free postings even though they should be free.....
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm hoping APMEX will relist the french 10 franc gold I was looking at the other day. If not I'll settle for the 20 francs they have up I guess.

there are also angel francs for a few bucks more . >>

what do you mean "the wrong napoleon" ?

the wrong reverse?

mine's 10% over $50
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I make it a habit not to look "a gift horse in the mouth." >>

From the buy side, you are correct. As a seller the bells and whistles make merchandising a guessing game. When Wal Mart offers a promotion, Vendors, buyers, managers and front line employees are on board. When Ebay promotes, it is a surprise to most everyone.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm hoping APMEX will relist the french 10 franc gold I was looking at the other day. If not I'll settle for the 20 francs they have up I guess.

there are also angel francs for a few bucks more . >>

what do you mean "the wrong napoleon" ?

the wrong reverse?

mine's 10% over $50 >>

Meaning Napoleon III , he was the nephew of the real Napoleon but only a sad imitation of his uncle . 20 francs gold with the real Napoleon aren't selling for spot even in ex-jewelry condition . There is a seller with a swath of ugly cleaned examples on ebay at $348 that are slowly selling heres one

Mehhh image

The Napoleon III coins are kind of bland looking , I do like the 10 franc sized Napoleon III gold because they are cheap but if I'm buying 20 franc I will try to get the roosters 1st , angels 2nd and the napoleon III as a last resort. The roosters are the best looking by far.

• Options
    there's these mexican half ounce not far above spot
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Those mexican gold and silver pesos from the 90's must be sort of thinly traded . I've only seen one or 2 of them in person.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>there's these mexican half ounce not far above spot >>

How do you figure not far above spot? You can get Maples for less than that so might as well do that. The premium is well in excess of 10%. >>

right now they are $672.28 for 1/2 ounce.

take your 10% ebay bucks off and you are paying $1210.10/ozt which is about $30/ozt over spot for a 1/2 ounce size.

we're all speaking in 10% off up to $100 max per item in this thread.

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    All these coupons sure do legitimize the outrageous prices, will reality ever set in?.. Who knows...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>there's these mexican half ounce not far above spot >>

How do you figure not far above spot? You can get Maples for less than that so might as well do that. The premium is well in excess of 10%. >>

right now they are $672.28 for 1/2 ounce.

take your 10% ebay bucks off and you are paying $1210.10/ozt which is about $30/ozt over spot for a 1/2 ounce size.

we're all speaking in 10% off up to $100 max per item in this thread. >>

That's all fine and dandy, but you can buy one ouncers for UNDER spot if you want to consider the $100 off scenario. My main point is that there is nothing particularly special about that deal. You could have just as well listed any one of dozens if not hundreds of examples. >>

keep in mind that any listing show a "Bullion" category has always gotten 0% ebay bucks promo or no promo.

The US Commemoratives seem to be a bargain under spot, but we're also listing possibilities for people who might want something else.

links to bullion listed outside of the bullion category is always welcomed. image