Home Metal Detecting
Options

found an old carnival site

me and a friend found a location that once held a carnival. the tokens with the "K" were for that carnival. I got 2 and another friend dug 5. been a long time since I dug 20 wheats in one day.

Comments

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds and great to find a site that hasn't been totally picked over. My bet is that you "Will Return."image
  • Options
    I dont think anyone has been here before. Yes, I will go back.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Have you gone back yet?? I probably would have taken off from work with a potential untouched old site like that!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you told pcgs69 where this site was there wouldn't be any silver for you to find. image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    let us know when you find that sweet spot pcgs, id love to see more of what you find. best wishes.
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Nice !!
  • Options
    the coins started to run out. this spot gets tilled every year. its been raining the last few days, maybe it will reveal some new targets. I did find another swim hole today. going tomorrow
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds....good luck with the wet ground... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    good luck with the swimming hole.

I went out today for the first time in a week and was surprised to see the ground partially frozen! The top plug was essentially a block of frozen dirt with grass. It wasn't too fun. Might try tomorrow for a bit, but this might be it for the year. A bit earlier than usual. Usually we can sneak a hunt out in early Dec, but not with a frozen ground. You're gonna have to post a lot now Demo because March is a long time away!
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Nice finds as always, thanks for posting.

We've had some wacky weather here in Maryland. Was pretty cold last week, yet I woke up this morning to temps in the 60s. I haven't had any time to hunt lately. My local treasure club is going to try another group hunt in a couple of weeks, provided the ground isn't frozen and the weather is agreeable.
  • Options
    we found out what was on the property. supposed to have had 2 houses and a fruit cannery. this doesn't explain all the tokens being dug. there has been a lot of the same token dug here.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This site will keep you busy for a long time.... Good luck... Cheers, RickO