Home Precious Metals

Will the 5,000,000 new "Citizens" cause a pop in silver?

Legal employment means more disposable income. Could this mean a price rise in silver and perhaps gold?

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will not change employment numbers, only the wages.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it. You would be surprised at how many people are already working using a SS# and getting pay at their skill level. oh and the irs is perfectly ok with it.
  • mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    It may be possible for the price to rise because of the extra 5 million but not from the new "citizens" buying metal but from a shortage of American Cash Money. One of the biggest under the radar cash businesses is the mechanism for sending US Dollars to Mexico and South America and points beyond. More immigrants, more under the table untaxed income from laborers, more social security applicants, more cash in the ciudads, it's all good. Actually, you can do it from the corner store...they cash your check, wire some money to the family in Bolivia, get the rest in cash and then it's on to next week. You can do it on line, at the wallmart...it's easy. So, 5 million more on top of the 30 million or so already here and you have 35 million people that aren't really here, sending a hundred untaxed buks a week down south and you got some pretty good cash flow and some pretty good fees for hosting the transaction. Don't believe it...go to a stop and go on Friday afternoon and watch but don't look for anything on the evening news.

Where did the money go?

• mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    nice of you to use the quotes. how humanizing.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>nice of you to use the quotes. how humanizing. >>

image L'Chaim!
  • Another thread that should not exist on this forum. Its ok to slander some groups of people but not others? Pot calling the kettle black!

<< <i>Another thread that should not exist on this forum. Its ok to slander some groups of people but not others? Pot calling the kettle black! >>

I believe that these folks will have a significant economic impact if the administrations plan is implemented. That is relative and relevant to the value of precious metals.

Please take your political correctness to the Al Sharpton Forum.

• << <i>

<< <i>Another thread that should not exist on this forum. Its ok to slander some groups of people but not others? Pot calling the kettle black! >>

I believe that these folks will have a significant economic impact if the administrations plan is implemented. That is relative and relevant to the value of precious metals.

Please take your political correctness to the Al Sharpton Forum. >>

So its not ok to call out jews but its ok to slander "citizens" who are currently illegal? Do yourself a favor. STOP trying to add to your post count! It may make you seem more intelligent if you remain silent! Every time you start a topic its nothing but bs! Its a coin and PM forum NOT your jewish chatterbox!

<< <i>So its not ok to call out jews but its ok to slander "citizens" who are currently illegal? Do yourself a favor. STOP trying to add to your post count! It may make you seem more intelligent if you remain silent! Every time you start a topic its nothing but bs! Its a coin and PM forum NOT your jewish chatterbox! >>

First off, it would be libel, not slander. But it would only be libelous if an individual was falsely presented. This has not occurred here by myself or any other poster.

I did not start the ISIS thread and merely responded to Capt. Henways thoughts regarding Nazi artifacts.

I find them representative of a wretched regime that murdered millions of people, even their own citizens that did not measure up to a certain criteria created by a madman.

You want to wallpaper your basement bedroom with Swastikas, be my guest. it will go nicely with your Confederate flag.

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    What does citizens who are currently illegal actually mean?... Lol... What a joke...
    keceph `anah
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    What does citizens who are currently illegal actually mean?... Lol... What a joke

This^^^^^
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will not change employment numbers, only the wages. >>

Will change employment but not wages

This is too easy to see coming
    Once granted workers' rights, they will find they are not employed as they once were.
    Those paying cash under the table will find replacements who are still here illegally.
    The granted stays in the USA can expect min wages, union, etc. these are things the cash crowd will simply continue to avoid.
    Wages for the work visa crowd might come down if anyone can come in and expect to work without worries.

I see a can of worms being opened on open immigration.

Perhaps it will cause that spike in PM prices that people want. Even law abiding, tax paying citizens seem to need government services that we are deficit spending to provide. More people seems like faster debt building.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a major health and financial disaster being foisted on America. Millions should be deported.....not coddled. Cheers, RickO
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with RickO, and it just encourages the same behavior to continue.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    Never been a fan of folks creating their own immigration policy. Seems disingenuous to reward those who have disregarded our laws while ignoring those who have waited patiently for legal residence.

Reminds me a bit of amnesty for Vietnam draft dodgers. Plenty of folks lost life and limb. A few certainly that would not have been called up if those that ran to Canada had served.
    gone fishin'
  • I am a party involved in this issue since I am Italian and a father of two American citizen children. I am happy and proud they both have dual citizenship.
    They will be able to decide if they want to live in the greatest country in the world or in the country that helped making the world a better place for centuries. (Hoping the latter will be in better shape within 15-20 years)

I am in the US under a Visa and lived here for almost 10 years. I pay my social security and taxes but, if I ever lose my job, I won't be able to collect unemployment or look for another job. I will just have to leave the US taking the two "American" kids with me.
    Basically, two citizens of this country will not be allowed to live in it.
    I feel that there are plenty of other situations where a reform is needed. (I know I have a bias towards this topic)
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Long overdue, we all come from immigrants. My great great grand daddy and his brother came from Ireland.

To many folks making it rich off the illegal workforce. Make the playing field level and fair.
    Avid collector of GSA's.

• << <i>Never been a fan of folks creating their own immigration policy. Seems disingenuous to reward those who have disregarded our laws while ignoring those who have waited patiently for legal residence.

Reminds me a bit of amnesty for Vietnam draft dodgers. Plenty of folks lost life and limb. A few certainly that would not have been called up if those that ran to Canada had served. >>

funny how times change my grandfather was fingerprinted and had to have paperwork whe he came through Ellis Island in early 1900s. They didn't call it racist back then, they called it "the rules"
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"

<< <i>I am in the US under a Visa and lived here for almost 10 years. I pay my social security and taxes but, if I ever lose my job, I won't be able to collect unemployment or look for another job. >>

Do you not get a pass though on the Affordable Care Act?

<< <i>I am a party involved in this issue since I am Italian and a father of two American citizen children. I am happy and proud they both have dual citizenship.
    They will be able to decide if they want to live in the greatest country in the world or in the country that helped making the world a better place for centuries. (Hoping the latter will be in better shape within 15-20 years)

I am in the US under a Visa and lived here for almost 10 years. I pay my social security and taxes but, if I ever lose my job, I won't be able to collect unemployment or look for another job. I will just have to leave the US taking the two "American" kids with me.
    Basically, two citizens of this country will not be allowed to live in it.
    I feel that there are plenty of other situations where a reform is needed. (I know I have a bias towards this topic) >>

Precious Metals would fall with a wholesome improvement in the work/professional visa program. Like a zombie, our debt laden country needs the world's brains.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>Long overdue, we all come from immigrants. My great great grand daddy and his brother came from Ireland.

To many folks making it rich off the illegal workforce. Make the playing field level and fair. >>

But one must be mindful that those abusing the people and the system will simply continue if those being abused get rights and legal status. New victims will simple be found. It's obvious that one countryman here illegally will replace the person granted legal status. The abusers, not the abusees, need to be busted hard.

So, reform in this manner will not help the economy as people are talking up. PM prices may rise off 5,000,000 more helping add to deficit spending as mentioned already.

Seems that it would put pressure on low paying jobs. More competition for the minimum wage sector. A plus no doubt for the stock market.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just in! Announcement will be tomorrow night - Thursday, 11/20/14, in the evening.

Stay tuned!

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Seems that it would put pressure on low paying jobs. More competition for the minimum wage sector. A plus no doubt for the stock market. >>

These people are already working.

You should focus on the millions of "citizens" that were granted "citizenship" through our constitution that have no desire to work.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• << <i>

<< <i>I am in the US under a Visa and lived here for almost 10 years. I pay my social security and taxes but, if I ever lose my job, I won't be able to collect unemployment or look for another job. >>

Do you not get a pass though on the Affordable Care Act? >>

It won't apply to me since I will be illegal without my Visa.

• << <i>This just in! Announcement will be tomorrow night - Thursday, 11/20/14, in the evening.

Stay tuned!

image >>

Keeping my finger crossed but have little hope...

<< <i>

<< <i>Seems that it would put pressure on low paying jobs. More competition for the minimum wage sector. A plus no doubt for the stock market. >>

You should focus on the millions of "citizens" that were granted "citizenship" through our constitution that have no desire to work. >>

Yes, but they are working in the shadows. Penalties, particularly in my state are severe. Second offense will shut you down.

The new "citizen's" with freshly printed SSI cards can now be employed by the Wal-Mart, McDonalds and Starbucks of the nation.

A win for corporate America.

<< <i>

<< <i>

It won't apply to me since I will be illegal without my Visa. >>

So you are not now, while working, required to have health insurance?

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

So you are not now, while working, required to have health insurance? >>

I have health insurance through my company.
    My point was that I will lose all my rights if I get laid off, despite the facts that my children are American citizens and that I have contributed to the American system.

<< <i>

<< <i>

You should focus on the millions of "citizens" that were granted "citizenship" through our constitution that have no desire to work. >>

Yes, but they are working in the shadows. Penalties, particularly in my state are severe. Second offense will shut you down.

>>

Your experience with this situation is limited to the lettuce pickers you see. I know several people who are "illegal", yet make 6 figure incomes working in technology and construction--the backbone of America. These people deserve "citizenship" more than many who are granted it on birth.

<< <i>Your experience with this situation is limited to the lettuce pickers you see. >>

How do you know what my experiences are, Cohodk?
    Perhaps it is just your use of over generalizations and contempt that project this.

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps it is just your use of over generalizations and contempt that project this. >>

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more

<< <i>Perhaps it is just your use of over generalizations and contempt that project this. >>

...or one of your magical charts that reads minds. image
    Forum is once again log jammed.
  • vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    I know people who are affected by this (both legal immigrants and illegals) and guess who is getting a better deal?

The illegals! The "EAD" for illegals is essentially a green card without any strings attached. They can live here, work and go back to visit their home countries. Renewable every 3 years.

The legals who are here working high-skilled jobs get EADs while their green cards are being processed, but they can't just quit their jobs and stay home if they wanted to. They have to maintain their jobs (and they can only change jobs if the new one is similar to the old one) for as long as it takes to become permanent residents (which can be as long as 12-15 years because there are a set number of green cards available every year).

And now there will be massive processing delays for legal immigrants because of the flood of applications from the illegals. USCIS is funded by application fees and all the startup costs associated with implementing amnesty will come out of the fees paid by legal immigrants. There isn't a mention of any penalties or higher fees for the illegals. And how exactly are they going to collect back taxes?

This is just so unfair. I have legal immigrant friends who have been waiting for 5+ years. They live in constant fear that every time they go to renew their visas, or go overseas they won't be able to come back. They don't buy homes either because of the uncertainty about their future.

Why should the legal immigrants continue to follow the rules?

It looks like all that matters is how much money your lobby group is able to raise. Common sense goes out the window. If that's the case, we should all fund a lobby group to push the government to artificially support PM prices. Doesn't seem crazier than this.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

My point was that I will lose all my rights if I get laid off, despite the facts that my children are American citizens and that I have contributed to the American system. >>

What is your profession, nibanny?

Bloop

<< <i>I know people who are affected by this (both legal immigrants and illegals) and guess who is getting a better deal?

The illegals! The "EAD" for illegals is essentially a green card without any strings attached. They can live here, work and go back to visit their home countries. Renewable every 3 years.

The legals who are here working high-skilled jobs get EADs while their green cards are being processed, but they can't just quit their jobs and stay home if they wanted to. They have to maintain their jobs (and they can only change jobs if the new one is similar to the old one) for as long as it takes to become permanent residents (which can be as long as 12-15 years because there are a set number of green cards available every year).

And now there will be massive processing delays for legal immigrants because of the flood of applications from the illegals. USCIS is funded by application fees and all the startup costs associated with implementing amnesty will come out of the fees paid by legal immigrants. There isn't a mention of any penalties or higher fees for the illegals. And how exactly are they going to collect back taxes?

This is just so unfair. I have legal immigrant friends who have been waiting for 5+ years. They live in constant fear that every time they go to renew their visas, or go overseas they won't be able to come back. They don't buy homes either because of the uncertainty about their future.

Why should the legal immigrants continue to follow the rules? >>

I hear ya

It's a funny fantasy to consider an H1 applying through the illegal immigrant process. image

I also think it is insulting to the law abiding immigrants, one of whom I married, to give those not only here illegally but also not paying income taxes and even potentially working with fraudulent docs a "do over."

• << <i>I know people who are affected by this (both legal immigrants and illegals) and guess who is getting a better deal?

Why should the legal immigrants continue to follow the rules?

It looks like all that matters is how much money your lobby group is able to raise. Common sense goes out the window. If that's the case, we should all fund a lobby group to push the government to artificially support PM prices. Doesn't seem crazier than this. >>

You nailed pretty much my situation, from the fear of now being able to coming back to the doubts about buying a home!

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

My point was that I will lose all my rights if I get laid off, despite the facts that my children are American citizens and that I have contributed to the American system. >>

What is your profession, nibanny? >>

I am the Sr Director of Logistics and Warehousing for Giorgio Armani.
    Silver and gold prices will not be affected by 5,000,000 people any more than the price of tea in China is affected by a billion people. There's more _____ flying around on Facebook and Twitter than we will ever stir up here. … as we continue "fishing". image

<< <i>Silver and gold prices will not be affected by 5,000,000 people any more than the price of tea in China is affected by a billion people. There's more _____ flying around on Facebook and Twitter than we will ever stir up here. … as we continue "fishing". image >>

The executive active will cause at least some economic belching. My guess is more deficit spending as benefits are expanded to those that were formerly exempt.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "Change" after Obama's historic decree on Immigration...

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more