Home Precious Metals

Just a cool crystal that fooled alot of people as gold..

Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
Fools gold in it's natural crystal cube form
Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
    That's sweet
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • LOL...I have about 24 of those some in matrix, some stacks or twins, like that one. Those are pyrite cubes from Spain. The only place in the world that they form in that cubic shape is Spain. It's found in limestone and is actually salt replacement. Limestone is porous, will allow water to flow or go through it, the water is carrying iron, since salt is easier for water to carry, it swaps the iron for water and give it a couple hundred thousand to millions of years and those are your results.

If I remember, I'll take pics of them tomorrow and post them. Some are all kinds of awesome....
    Nevermind...
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years ago I worked with a guy in Arizona who would go out gold panning frequently. He always came back with fools gold and thought he had struck it rich. We would take him to the lab and they would test it and tell him it was iron pyrite.....he never did learn...Cheers, RickO