Options

Relative valuations---A picture says 1000 words

cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    So what do YOU think it means? Pictures and charts are worthless without words/explainations/predictions.

Where's that Bull pattern chart with the Uptrend, Bull Trap, Blowoff, Peak, etc things on it? Let's see how it compares to the charts you just posted.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Lol, calm down Wes, that was the ghost of Christmas past, few, if any listened...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Pictures and charts are worthless without words/explainations/predictions

I thought the charts spoke for themselves. If someone types a few words over these charts they somehow have more meaning? Ive been trying for a decade to espouse the virtue of free thinking. YOU interpret the information given, dont rely on others' opinions. If you do not understand the information presented then try to learn it. If you choose not to learn it then do not belittle it.

I may present an opinion later in the day. image

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "I may present an opinion later in the day."

I personally look forward to, welcome and would appreciate that!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    My first comment above may have come across a little testy. Wasn't how I meant it by any means. The problem with typing and reading letters on a screen is that you can't express emotion or lack thereof. I was truly wanting a Coho interpretation.

I really hate saying this as a metal bug, but I think buying physical gold and silver right now will be a flat, at best, investment for a few years. Ride the paper metal ups and down to build cash in the meantime, but then again there are better paper choices to ride than paper metals that should provide a better return.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    If I'm reading them correctly, along with the trend lines he put in, we are at or through the 50 day and 200 day moving avg of the ratio of silver to the Nasdaq, silver to S&P and gold to Dow. We are back down to the levels of 04, 05 and 06. With long term trend lines pointing up I'd think there would be a correction in the ratio, either in the form of a lower stock market or higher metal prices.

*I don't work a lot with charts. Thought I'd take a stab though.
  • Options
    Hmm time to get some Doritos n some wh!skey, as we await the story from coho...
    One thing fer sure will be asked...

You are about to show me shadows of the things that have not happened, but will happen in the time before us, is that so?...
    Before I draw nearer to that chart to which you point, `answer me one question. Are these the shadows of the things that Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>...before I draw nearer to that chart to which you point, `answer me one question. Are these the shadows of the things that Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?... >>

I suspect the answer to those shadows is "both."

Even if those ratios start correcting the other way it doesn't have to be good news for PM bulls. One alternative is the Dow and Naz falling faster than PMs. That wouldn't but much fine for either side. That's what we saw through much of 2008.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I see more down side trending, keep your powder/$$ dry. Personally I will rethink purchases around February 2015. I fear not much thought then.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe things will be very interesting in the PM arena for the next 18 months.... I do not see charts as predictive, but rather historical and open to speculation. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    No story tonight I guess, yawn, time 4 bed...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    I was tired...in bed by 9:30.

Hopefully more time today. Today's activity looks good.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The charts show the ratio of the metals markets to the stock markets.

the curves show the stock market (especially tech but the whole market) bubble forming 1996 through 1999, crashing 2000-2002, consolidating 2003-5, bubbling again 2005-7, and crashing 2008-2011, and recovering toward new highs (bubbling?) 2012-2014.

Meanwhile, the metals were relatively flat 1996-2004, bottoming in 1999 or so, started to go up, took a dip in 2008/9, went into a very nice bubble peaking in 2011 and falling back to the parallel blue lines, which represent what? ranges of parity between, and support/resistance lines of the ratios?

The ratio could go sideways near the horizontal blue lines for quite some time as both kinds of markets oscillate with the news

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    The problem with typing and reading letters on a screen is that you can't express emotion or lack thereof

Late to this thread but I want to nominate that as the comment of the year (to date). There is more truth in that comment that any other comment previously stated on this site this year, and maybe longer. (Coming from someone who is constantly, and may be possibly perpetually misunderstood)

I do not see charts as predictive, but rather historical and open to speculation

I would also like to nominate this comment as the 1-B comment of the year (to date). Wes' is 1-A. I only would disagree with the "open to speculation" portion though. (I'm piecesofme, I have to disagree with something even if I agree with 99.9% of something image ).
    Charts are nothing more than a picture of what HAPPENED, not what will happen. There is no guarantee that because the lines, angles and candles lined up one way one time that if they do so again the same result will occur. To think so is ignorant and foolish.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Charts are nothing more than a picture of what HAPPENED, not what will happen. There is no guarantee that because the lines, angles and candles lined up one way one time that if they do so again the same result will occur. To think so is ignorant and foolish. >>

On the flip side, history books are a valuable tool in future outlook. "Those who fail to learn from the past are destined. . ."

While I agree that the addition of "projection" lines to a chart is very subjective, charts can teach us something if we do the research of tying specific events to specific price moves. My use of charts is to see price reactions to the "stimuli." Seeing a chart of gold's reaction to QE1 told me exactly what to expect with QE2 and QE3.

Gary Dorsh makes some interesting charts that include events:

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ride My SeeSaw. Yee-Haa!

The thing is that silver was most depressed at the height of the tech stock bubble - a virtual double-whammy on your chart.

Now we're approaching the same type of imbalance, but the cause isn't rampant stock speculation, it's straight-out money creation with perhaps a bit of manipulation in the metals markets.

How this goes from this point won't necessarily parallel the tech bubble blow-off. Stocks are much higher this time, and silver isn't as low either. The main difference is that stocks have risen because of QE, and for some reason silver has not.

There is a disconnect, whatever the reason. If QE is really stopped in the US, the stock market's gonna throw a living fit, and when it does - silver might shake that gorilla off it's back.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If QE is really stopped in the US, the stock market's gonna throw a living fit, and when it does - silver might shake that gorilla off it's back. >>

The FED opened a can of worms it cannot close. This is what offers great promise to low purchase price metal. It has been proven once before.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I may present an opinion later in the day. image >>

Come on - impress me image

Cheers, >>

I'm terribly sorry if I impress you. You poor soul.imageimage

But youre gonna have to wait another day as I am extremely busy impressing others. image

• Options
    For all intensive purposes all phyzz silver bought in the last 9 years is underwater or at best even, or not worth selling...
    That's cure for some powerful delusion?, lol... Doubtful...lol...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Patients are a virtue. image

• Options
    Lol, WRM u have been wrong for years, all the way down, yes Nostradamus u will be right sooner or later it's obvious at some time a low will be in, obvious, then u and all the other silver gurus will be right again... But at what price? What i mean by that is the price to be right will never cover the wrong...

BuyIng now sure a considerable less risky than 20,24,28,30,32,35 & higher etc...
    Prolly in middle range now, downside 10 upside 20....
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For all intensive purposes all phyzz silver bought in the last 9 years is underwater or at best even, or not worth selling...
    That's cure for some powerful delusion?, lol... Doubtful...lol... >>

Depends I suppose, on what nation that you are posting from.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Patients are a virtue. image >>

"Patience is" a virtue. image

Cheers, >>

Hindsight is 50-50.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is the Silver Trade of a Lifetime Coming? or already here?...

"SILVER: November 2014 Silver Volume per Netdania as of the 24th ; it is currently at 243,748,333 (and rising). These are very likely 5,000 ounce contracts which would be the equivalent of 1.218 Trillion ounces, or 1,000 years+ of global annual mine supply." Note that over 1T ozs paper traded I less than one month, in a 1 Boz annual physical market.

Cheers, >>

Netdania volume is a mix of several different inputs. It's not just the 5K oz silver futures contract volume. That might only be a small part of it. The last time I tried to correlate Gold volume during NY hours on Netdania to Comex contracts traded, it didn't make any sense. Amazing the Dr. Bo doesn't know this. He has been discredited into oblivion the past 1-1/2 years. He has so many incorrect bottom calls since April 2013 that he needs butt replacement therapy. That's one guy that no one should be quoting as a source. I'd put Zero Hedge at 100X more reliable. The irony of all this is that Bo's very last incorrect call will precede him getting the actual bottom correct. And he will become a cult silver guru to newbies because of having "nailed the bottom." image
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, I wasn't sure if I should post that one, but liked the "title". image

Cheers, >>

Nice company you keep. image

Still maintaining that patience?