Home Precious Metals

Silver currently in the $15's

ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
Now, where are the good deals to buy some? image

Comments

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just picked up a roll of 2014 ASE's for $380.80 from JM, like traveling back in time.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish!!

Still costing me $20 an ounce in Canadian $$.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will stay low (maybe lower) as long as the dollar is strong.... Cheers, RickO
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll wait.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Its interesting, an oz of silver is worth significAntly less than a bottle a wh!skey...
    keceph `anah
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Now, where are the good deals to buy some? image >>

Ditto that!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Ditto that! >>

Depends upon what you think constitutes a good deal. Try a WTB ad on Craigslist or stand on a busy street corner wearing one of those sandwich signs offering to buy bullion below spot for cash.

If ASEs are your bag, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal than what the mint sells them for which is spot + $2. Always a chance to catch a dealer oversupplied with spot dropping like a rock, hoping he'd sell cheap to cut his losses.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • ARCOARCO Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is an idea: put money you would pay for PM's today, in a time capsule to be opened exactly one year from now, then go out and buy double the amount you would have paid today. Or, wait two years and get even more PM's for your money than just waiting one year.

Tyler
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Here is an idea: put money you would pay for PM's today, in a time capsule to be opened exactly one year from now, then go out and buy double the amount you would have paid today. Or, wait two years and get even more PM's for your money than just waiting one year.

Tyler >>

I kinda hope this does happen, I would love to back the truck up and fill up with some silver image It has to go back up some day right?.... right? Beauler...lol.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I kinda hope this does happen, I would love to back the truck up and fill up with some silver image It has to go back up some day right?.... right? Beauler...lol. >>

Right. image

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the lead balloon just went over another cliff....at $15.66 now!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the lead balloon just went over another cliff....at $15.66 now!

That same roll is now $368, Just paid $380.80 yesterday image No choice but to buy another.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    15.29. I'm gonna need a bigger truck soon.
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    As the dollar continues to strengthen, our economy is growing and europe is worried about deflation and a struggling economy, I only see downside for both silver and gold. Would not be surprised to see sub $12 silver in the next year and gold around $900. A republican congress will most certainly ease regulatory pressures on business, yet again helping the dollar.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.

<< <i>Looks like the lead balloon just went over another cliff....at $15.66 now!

That same roll is now $368, Just paid $380.80 yesterday image No choice but to buy another. >>

Don't be too hasty to do it.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might not be long until the permabulls are hoping silver goes back up to the 15's.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• ARCOARCO Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like the lead balloon just went over another cliff....at $15.66 now!

That same roll is now $368, Just paid $380.80 yesterday image No choice but to buy another. >>

Don't be too hasty to do it. >>

Good advice. I was doing the same thing when Silver was in the low 20's. Now I have a few thousand dollars less of that "worthless fiat". Precious metals: turning worthless fiat into even less worthless fiat. image
  • fcfc Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭
    I would like to buy silver around 10 to 11 an ounce. Has been my target for a while now. I have only been selling.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    silver has taken the lead in warning of some upcoming, serious asset price deflation.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Not much speculating in silver these days. It costs $20 to produce a barrel of light, sweet crude that sells for $80. It costs $10 to produce an ounce of silver that sells for $15.

There was a good one open last night if you were awake and Johnny on the Spot!image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $14 or less would be very cool
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purchased a few at $19 a couple of weeks ago.
    I thought it was a good purchase. I'm still looking
    to purchase more but I'mafraid to pull the
    trigger !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Unless it stays at 14 it won't matter. Premiums are going up.
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Buy Buy Buy !!!!!

The market is clearly being rigged.

Two local coin shops in my area sold out of silver in the past week, and are running out of 90%. I was in one of the shops today and someone came in and sold some silver quarters while I was there. He wasn't gone five minutes and I bought almost all of them.

The price may continue to drop, but the physical demand is clearly strong, so how much more can it drop ?

<< <i>Buy Buy Buy !!!!!

The price may continue to drop, but the physical demand is clearly strong, so how much more can it drop ? >>

That's a good question, but something tells me that spot price isn't much affected by what happens at your local shop. Probably going to take some time before this buying frenzy draws down supplies all through the pipeline. Not only are stackers taking silver out of the market, but the flipper faction is right behind them putting some back in.
    theknowitalltroll;

<< <i>Unless it stays at 14 it won't matter. Premiums are going up. >>

Yep. As of a few minutes ago JMBullion is about $2.90+ for a monster box or more; SDBullion is $3.45+ for 3 monster boxes or more; silver.com is about $2.90+ for 500 or more.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not much speculating in silver these days. It costs $20 to produce a barrel of light, sweet crude that sells for $80. It costs $10 to produce an ounce of silver that sells for $15.

image >>

Where do you get such precise production costs? I would assume that every mine in the world has a different production cost per ounce.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

<< <i>

Yep. As of a few minutes ago JMBullion is about $2.90+ for a monster box or more; SDBullion is $3.45+ for 3 monster boxes or more; silver.com is about $2.90+ for 500 or more. >>

All 3rd world online dealers listed here...
    keceph `anah
    Wow looks like nickel is the play, a real pm, guy sold a dollar worth of nickel for hundreds... Crazy...
    keceph `anah
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    silver held ground today in the face of a strong dollar index performance. This is a good sign for silver and could be an early indicator of a near term bottom.

Que rawteam's sarcasim. image

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yep. As of a few minutes ago JMBullion is about $2.90+ for a monster box or more; SDBullion is $3.45+ for 3 monster boxes or more; silver.com is about $2.90+ for 500 or more. >>

All 3rd world online dealers listed here... >>

Somehow I can't picture the first world dealers having much interest in selling a single roll of ASEs to us bullion lightweights.image
    theknowitalltroll;

<< <i>

<< <i>Not much speculating in silver these days. It costs $20 to produce a barrel of light, sweet crude that sells for $80. It costs $10 to produce an ounce of silver that sells for $15.

image >>

Where do you get such precise production costs? I would assume that every mine in the world has a different production cost per ounce. >>

Those are ballpark figures of course.

Point being producing one of these costs about $10 and the retail customer is buying them for about $15. Not a lot of room these days.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that it is a good time to be nibbling on some silver. Physical silver. If you don't have a lot, a bit more. If you have plenty already, a bit here & there.

It's kinda funny in a way. We don't know if there's really a shortage and we don't know if there's really a glut of silver. We do know that silver could be the poster child for manipulation - but by whom, and why? Upward manipulation, or downward? The truth is that it's both.

Silver is uncertainty in its very essence.

Silver is like that electron that you can't tell how fast it's going if you know where it is, but you don't know where it is if you can tell how fast it's going.

Neither you nor I really know jack about the fundamentals of silver. That's why I love it as an investment.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>

image >>

It wasn't THAT long ago that one of those cost about $5 to the retail customer, period. >>

It wasn't? 12 years ago was the last time. $1.39/gallon gasoline, $2.99 Value Meals, $1.49/gallon milk were all available 12 years ago too.

I guess 12 years ago wasn't that long ago, just seems that way to people paying double what they were then while their income is lower today (for 75% of America anyway).