Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

NEW for 12/1: $100 ebay gift card for $90

If anyone is interested.

Update with new link for 12/1/14: link

Comments

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know; bought two of em!!
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, bought 5.
  • Options
    And theyre gone (all 1,001 of em!!); wish I bought more!!

I'm sure theyll bring this promo back (or something similar to it) right after thanksgiving for black friday (or cyber monday).
  • Options
    Double post (sorry!!)
  • Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up! Picked up 3, gone as I was trying to get a 4th.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Since no eBay Bucks, 6% savings + 2% in credit card rewards. 8% is cool. I just bought 1 so they are still available. >>

They were sold out, but now they have added 2,000 more.
  • Options
    Djr, how are you buying more?? When I try to buy even 1 it shows theyre not available!!
  • Options
    Thanks!! Good thing I have three ebay accounts; time to add about 12 more for times like these!!image
  • Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. Purchased 1.
    Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options
    Very nice. Just bought 2. Thanks.
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Just picked up my 1.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought two, thanks for the heads up!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to the OP for sharing this.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    I was actually able to buy ten in one auction. Several times I was limited to one, but when I was able to purchase multiples, I got ten.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Does the high number of negative feedback for this seller bother anybody?
  • Options
    MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    Excellent - Thanks to the OP!
    Go Dodgers!
  • Options

<< <i>Does the high number of negative feedback for this seller bother anybody? >>

Most of the negatives are related to Applebee's e-coupons.
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • Options
    Just curious if anyone besides don was able to buy more than one at a time (or more than one using the same ebay account)?? When you click in the quantity box it tells you to "Please enter quantity of 1 or more", but if you enter a # greater than 1, it says "Purchases are limited to 1 per buyer". Asinine. Why even bother having the first message if the second message is going to appear if you enter any # greater than 1 in the box?!?!
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too was only able to purchase one. When I tried to buy a second one, it stated it was sold out or no longer available.
  • Options
    Hey john aka gemint--can you please pm me when you have a chance?? Need to clear something up with you but I cant pm you for reasons only you and I know lol!image
  • Options
    I don't know why I was able to purchase multiples. When I first tried multiples, it limited me to one. A few minutes later, I was able to purchase multiples. I figured they had just changed their policy, but when I went back to purchase multiples again, I was unable to do so. Not sure what the fluke was. I didn't do anything different.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    Thanks for the explanation don and nice score!! (You must be a VIP ebayer lol!)(or at least for a minute there they thought you were!)
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I get to checkout and I get an error message:

A seller has revised the item price or made other changes to an item below
    •Please review your order before you continue
    •Until you complete checkout, another eBay user may buy this item

I am guessing it is because the seller only does email delivery. I don't know where to put my email information for shipping purposes. Anyone else run into this?
    Steve
  • Options

<< <i>I get to checkout and I get an error message:

A seller has revised the item price or made other changes to an item below
    •Please review your order before you continue
    •Until you complete checkout, another eBay user may buy this item

I am guessing it is because the seller only does email delivery. I don't know where to put my email information for shipping purposes. Anyone else run into this? >>

It should automatically go to the email linked to the paypal payment. You can purchase only 1 per ebay account though, though you can use multiple purchases for the same paypal account.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Tim. I have only tried to buy one, unsuccessfully. I will give it another shot soon.
    Steve
  • Options
  • Options
    My code was delivered at 5:28 pm yesterday afternoon. My purchase was complete at 5:16pm. Pretty fast service. I also got this e-mail separately.

Great news!

Our system has delivered your digital code to the email address that you have associated with your PayPal account. If you have not received the email please login to PayPal and verify your email address and also check your spam folder.

We also include a snip-it of the email address that we sent the code to in the tracking number section of your order. It will look like: Email-hktcxxx-gmail-ID-50000012.

If for any reason you are not able to locate the email then please feel free to message us via the eBay message system and our team will be glad to help. Please note that opening a case may delay our response.

Thank you,

PayPal Digital Gifts Team
  • Options
    I did not receive the code, but did receive the email that I was being emailed the code.
    >

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Just remember when using these Gift Card codes, you can only use something like $500 in gift cards per transaction. Not sure what the official limit it, but there is a limit. I used to sell gift cards back in the day of the Bing cashback rewards. I made a killing on those things. Was selling $500 gift cards for up to $675 each. image
  • Options
    These gift certificates are back. This time in $50 increments rather than 100 (same % off though). I didn't use all of the ones I bought last time, and was actually able to use the old gift certificates to use the new ones. The certificates were working well for my ebay purchases.

It allows you to buy 3/ebay account.

Link
  • Options
    The claim codes seem to be coming through almost instantly this time (last time it took ~2 days). Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to use these new codes to purchase even more gift cards.

Also there was some question on ebay bucks. Last time the way it worked was I got no ebay bucks on the gift card purchases, but whatever I used the gift cards on I got ebay bucks.
  • Options
    It took a few times, but eventually went through~thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Excellent. Worked just fine. Thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still working beautifully as of 8:00 am CST.

You're the man, Alex!

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Just got 3. Codes arrived in minutes.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    My best Black Friday purchase! Thanks to the OP!
    Go Dodgers!
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Currently allows 3 offers per hour at 10% discount. $50.00 for $45.00 ($150 for $135 max per hour).
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, just purchased 3!
    Matt

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Currently allows 3 offers per hour at 10% discount. $50.00 for $45.00 ($150 for $135 max per hour). >>

We'll Marry Christmas that's freaking awesome! Thanks...
  • Options
    Also, you can't beat this feedback they left:

Thank you for being awesome! We really appreciate you as a buyer and friend.

<sniffle>

• Options

<< <i>Also, you can't beat this feedback they left:

Thank you for being awesome! We really appreciate you as a buyer and friend.

<sniffle> >>

That's nothing, this was mine:

You make eBay the wonderful place that it is. We love you!

• Options

<< <i>I received this gem from eBay. I only saw (3) per account...not per person and the other accounts may share contact info but other family members. So far, the refunds have not taken place but knowing eBay they voided some eGift cards and expecting to fight for a refund. I read the terms and condition and do not see where it states 3 per person only. Plus, eBay modified the description like 100x, since they posted the offer. Hopefully this does not require me to call eBay because if so, all the savings is out the window. Also, I went to the generic link they provided and it does not specify either. eBay always seems to make life difficult image

MC999: eBay Account Warning Notice

Hello xxx,

We're pleased to have you as part of the eBay Community. However, we are contacting you regarding a violation of eBay?s Site Interference policy.

Listings promoted on the eBay Deals have a limit on the amount of items you can purchase, primarily to maintain an equal marketplace for all members and allow other eBay members the opportunity to take part in the eBay Deals. Using multiple accounts to circumvent this limit is a violation of eBay policy.

We have become aware of purchases using multiple accounts associated to you that exceed the quantity allowed per buyer. We understand that you may not have been aware of this policy, and we invite you to learn more about this policy at the link below in order to keep your experiences on eBay pleasant and successful.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyone-interference.html

You are still welcome to purchase from the eBay Deals section, but you are advised to limit your buying activity to use of a single account when doing so. The items you purchased by violationg the policy will be cancelled at this time. Please be aware that additional violations of this policy may result in your further purchases being cancelled and a restriction of your buying privileges. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay >>

You had to buy 11, didn't you, David??? LOL...

I hope you at least are made whole. Did you notice how many of the 11 they canceled?

• Options
    Here was one particular neg left:

Very long wait time Buyer: -***y ( 8 ) During past month Feedback conversation

Reply by paypal_digital_gifts (Nov-29-14 02:21):
    Gosh, We only listed this item 4 hours ago and it was email within 22 minutesimage

Tough crowd. At least it was free shipping. image

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I bought three too. I did not participate the first time as I didn't trust there to be no strings attached. Hopefully, I just didn't sign up for some long mailing list.image

aconte
  • Options
    Got to love this forum. Now it's saving me money!

Edited to add feedback received: "Thank for your purchase and being an awesome eBay member. We love you!"

I think I'll start using I love you in my future feedback.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    They now have $100 ebay gift cards for $90.
    link
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>They now have $100 ebay gift cards for $90.
    link >>

And now it says purchases are limited to ONE per buyer.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They now have $100 ebay gift cards for $90.
    link >>

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    No Ebay bucks??!! image