This would have to be one of them.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Wow those are pricey rookies!
  • Options

<< <i>Wow those are pricey rookies! >>

It blows me away what these modern short prints bring.

Just shows the power of bragging rights with card values.

• Options
    He's one inning away from being World Series MVP!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow those are pricey rookies! >>

It blows me away what these modern short prints bring.

Just shows the power of bragging rights with card values. >>

Agree low supply with high demand brings ridiculous prices and bragging rights that come with ownership.
  • Options
    I can't imagine what some of the 80's players cards would have gone for in today's dollars if they were short printed.

Just picture a Dwight Gooden in 1985 if there were only 5 to choose from.

• Options

<< <i>He's one inning away from being World Series MVP! >>

but the Royals will win it in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and a full count. =)
  • Options
    Giants winimage
  • Options
    Bumgarner was just filthy. Best world series I've seen in a long time!
    It never leaves you...
  • Options

<< <i>Bumgarner was just filthy. Best world series I've seen in a long time! >>

I concurimage
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

2011 was not all that long ago.....
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

+1 on the best world series part.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    This whole world series just seemed so noncompetitive.

blowouts in game 1 & 2

game 3 was a close game

but games 4, 5, & 6 were non even really close

game 7 tonight was good.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    The best part of Bumgarner's great World Series performance is that Dodger fans had to stop talking about Clayton Kershaw being the top lefty in the game. image
  • Options

<< <i>The best part of Bumgarner's great World Series performance is that Dodger fans had to stop talking about Clayton Kershaw being the top lefty in the game. image >>

I concurimage
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    2007 Bowman Sterling, Black Refractor auto, #/25

Not his most valuable card, but his most valuable 2007 card.

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    As annoying as Joe Buck is, I agree - we'll probably never see pitching dominance like that in a World Series again. He was unbelievable.
  • Options
    remember when the hobby cared about Tim Lincecum?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As annoying as Joe Buck is, I agree - we'll probably never see pitching dominance like that in a World Series again. He was unbelievable. >>

I was fortunate not to be irritated by Mr.Bucks play by play. Turned the TV sound off and listened to the radio feed. With him doing golf coverage next year will have to find a way to turn the TV sound off, yet hear audio coverage elsewhere, if possible, with the TV picture. Or via closed caption.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of either team, but Bumgarner's performance was nothing short of spectacular (not to mention historic). Just unbelievable.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Just absolutely incredible is right.

His era 0.nothing the other starting pitchers almost 10

You still need to score runs...I hope they try to keep Sandaval

To come in and finish the game in the 5th after only 2 days rest.........That's just Koufaxian !!!!!!!!

What a humble guy.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    most miserable moment ever: when the guy from Chevrolet had to read his speech while presenting Mad Bum the keys to his new truck. claustrophobia + nerves = image
  • Options

<< <i>most miserable moment ever: when the guy from Chevrolet had to read his speech while presenting Mad Bum the keys to his new truck. claustrophobia + nerves = image >>

That was an absolute classic. Dude was getting killed on Twitter. Sweating like a stuck pig and trying to read from his notes. Guy was about to throw up.
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>most miserable moment ever: when the guy from Chevrolet had to read his speech while presenting Mad Bum the keys to his new truck. claustrophobia + nerves = image >>

That was an absolute classic. Dude was getting killed on Twitter. Sweating like a stuck pig and trying to read from his notes. Guy was about to throw up. >>

That absolutely puzzled me. It is bad enough MLB "sells" the MVP trophy but to have Chevy pick a rep who is so far from TV presentable was a total joke. There simply was no one else?
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    It was kinda like this guy:

youtube link
  • Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>As annoying as Joe Buck is, I agree - we'll probably never see pitching dominance like that in a World Series again. He was unbelievable. >>

I was fortunate not to be irritated by Mr.Bucks play by play. Turned the TV sound off and listened to the radio feed. With him doing golf coverage next year will have to find a way to turn the TV sound off, yet hear audio coverage elsewhere, if possible, with the TV picture. Or via closed caption. >>

We have been in the same boat for years. After the NLCS, my dad found a computer program that lets you set the delay on the radio feed, so you can match it up to Fox's 10-11 second delay. It made watching so much more enjoyable. Don't know the name of the program off hand, but if you google "joe buck" and "radio delay program" it should pop up. The guy that created it did so because of joe buck. Classic.

Incredible postseason for the Giants.
    Dynasty.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That was an absolute classic. Dude was getting killed on Twitter. Sweating like a stuck pig and trying to read from his notes. Guy was about to throw up. >>

That absolutely puzzled me. It is bad enough MLB "sells" the MVP trophy but to have Chevy pick a rep who is so far from TV presentable was a total joke. There simply was no one else? >>

at least Erin Andrews didn't persistently apologize for "bugging" him. she may have been tongue-tied, another quantitative first-ever performance for the stat spewing Fox guys to boast about. image
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

I missed that. Is there a vid online of this?
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2007 Bowman Sterling, Black Refractor auto, #/25

image >>

I bought this and a Tri-Star auto card for 17.50. I have followed MadBum since 2007, his minor league stats are incredible.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options

<< <i>

I missed that. Is there a vid online of this? >>

some funny stuff right here

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>some funny stuff right here

image >>

Only Selig could upstage Rob "technology n stuff" Ford. The "Is this really happening? Am I dreaming? Is it possible that this guy is a bigger tool than I am?" look at :23 was classic.
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I missed that. Is there a vid online of this? >>

some funny stuff right here

image >>

Lmao... My god was that awkward

When he reached for the keys and handed them to Bumgarner, I thought he was going to accidentally hit the trophy and knock it down, then headbutt Erin in the nose as he bent over to pick it up.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Lol - I didn't notice Selig when I watched last night. That guy was hard to watch.
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    "Technology and stuff"....hmmm who hired that guy to rep Chevy?

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    Bumgarner's cards have gone up a lot, happens when you are a World Series hero!
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

I bought this and a Tri-Star auto card for 17.50. I have followed MadBum since 2007, his minor league stats are incredible. >>

How much does that nice black refractor auto sell for about now?
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

I bought this and a Tri-Star auto card for 17.50. I have followed MadBum since 2007, his minor league stats are incredible. >>

How much does that nice black refractor auto sell for about now? >>

Slabbed, one just sold for 399.00, raw about a hun or so.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'