Home Precious Metals

Peter Schiff: " I'm the only person on CNBC that got it right..

nobody else but me"

Not sure about his investment advice, but at least the guy is humble image

Peter and a Stock trader debate

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>nobody else but me"

Peter and a Stock trader debate >>

CNBC is best viewed with the volume on mute.
  • vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Disclaimer: Past performance is not a good predictor of future performance.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    self defense

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Recall Kramer in early September opining on the positive chart movement of 3 stocks. JC. Penney, Facebook and Tesla. Significant drops on two of the three since then.

His enthusiasm is infectious. Stock picks though could be costly.
  • dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

All I know is Schiff's advice in 2008 was worse than the market. He predicted the market would fall, but his contra investments actually did worse. So he knew what was going to happen and still failed.
  • bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

<< <i>self defense >>

more like self defens(ive).

Here's the thing, he claims he was the only one who called the housing crisis, but when the rubber meets the road, in 2008, John Paulson actually made a boatload of money for his clients.

All the while, the average client invested in Peter's portfolios were down severely.... but hey, as he says, he's the only one that got it right....the fact is, hubris is his strongest attribute, not investment advice.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>self defense >>

more like self defens(ive).

Here's the thing, he claims he was the only one who called the housing crisis, but when the rubber meets the road, in 2008, John Paulson actually made a boatload of money for his clients.

All the while, the average client invested in Peter's portfolios were down severely.... but hey, as he says, he's the only one that got it right....the fact is, hubris is his strongest attribute, not investment advice. >>

His actual claim was "nobody else but me" came on CNBC to disagree with all the CNBC talking heads. And, he is correct. His 2006 book "Crash Proof" made a small fortune for those that followed his advice on gold. I'm glad I listened to him. Knows more about the economy than anyone you'll read on this forum and in most other places. His only downfall (as with all Washington outsiders) is his inability to know what the FED will do next to alter reality in the short term. He is dead on with what the long term affects will be. Time will once again prove him correct.

Appear Greenspan agrees with higher gold

Greenspan: "Price of Gold will rise"
    Q: "Where will the price of gold be in 5 years?"
    Greenspan: "Higher."
    Q: "How much?"
    Greenspan: "Measurably."

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

CNBC is best viewed with the volume on mute. >>

I turn the volume up when Rick Santelli comes on. The rest of the time ... low volume, just like with some postings on this forumimage

btw..Schiff hasn't been correct with any of his forecasts in several years....just like J.S. or that guy who keeps making absurd predictions on NumiNews...P Heller
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    The bit at the end of that Greenspan article re: the Swiss gold referendum peaked my interest. Apparently they will be voting on Nov 30th, possibly forcing the Swiss National Bank to increase their gold reserves to 20% of it's total assets.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections

<< <i>The rest of the time ... low volume, just like with some postings on this forum >>

• ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    His macro outlook is fundamentally correct.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>His macro outlook is fundamentally correct. >>

Yup and so is everyone else s who are predicting that the Sun will burn out in about 4 billion years.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

CNBC is best viewed with the volume on mute. >>

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Peter. He makes me laugh.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Disclaimer: Past performance is not a good predictor of future performance. >>

Man, if only I could include this on a resume and not get laughed out the door.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE