Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot going on there. Imagining the eagle inverted & super imposed over the obverse, I can't figure what that is coming off the beak. Maybe he's got the Ebola? image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else to look for...... I think I just put an '83 P quarter in the cashew machine yesterday..... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    stashstash Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭
    Its called a spitting eagle, pcgs & ncg are grading them as this, this one has a double clash, coming of the beak, where the one that the TGCs are only a single clash, I'm going to call them, and see if they will grade it, as a double spitting eagle !!!!!
  • Options
    BodinBodin Posts: 998 ✭✭✭
    SWEET that you found one in circulation!
    I got mine RAW of eBay last year. Graded NGC MS65 now. Love this coin!

imageimage
  • Options
    It is cool, thats for sure !!!!
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool stuff!
  • Options
    sawyerjoshsawyerjosh Posts: 415 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There's a lot going on there. Imagining the eagle inverted & super imposed over the obverse, I can't figure what that is coming off the beak. Maybe he's got the Ebola? image >>

Best post I've read all day.
    As a seller: USARarities, acloco, coindudeonebay, Twinturbo, MICHAELDIXON, blu62vette, mothra454, LukeMarshall, USARarities
    As a buyer: QualityCurrencycom, tychojoe, AurumMiner, Collectorcoins, perfectstrike, ModCrewman, LeeBone, nickel, REALGATOR, MICHAELDIXON, pointfivezero, Walkerguy21D
    Trades: georgiacop50
  • Options
    Do you guys think, pcgs will grade this as a double spitting eagle !!!!!
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A collector sent me two wonderful Unc. examples of the "double spitting eagle". It is on my agenda to try to get these recognized at PCGS.

They are very cool coins.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose these are nice if they cause collectors to become more interested to look closer at coins, but as a Variety it is ridiculous. the mania which began 10-15 years ago has gone wild and consumed many. I cannot understand the enthusiasm for this.
  • Options
    I'm game for new stuff, thats for sure !!!! All the new struck coin errors, are very lame, wide lettering, notching, garbage, as far as I'm concerned !!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file