Home Precious Metals
Options

How is Kitco? Also, looking to buy silver bullion or ASE

Kitco has a good deal going on ASE's. I've never bought from them and was wondering what everyone's experience was with them. Also, was wondering about the difference between buying silver bullion and Silver Eagles. I'm leaning toward Silver Eagles. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Kitco has a good deal going on ASE's. I've never bought from them and was wondering what everyone's experience was with them. Also, was wondering about the difference between buying silver bullion and Silver Eagles. I'm leaning toward Silver Eagles. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks >>

Never bought from them, but their prices are no better than anyone else's and shipping seems HIGH at $30. Went to a PM seminar yesterday presented by a local dealer. While he properly said STAY AWAY FROM TELEMARKETERS and their ilk, he did emphasize dealing with locals who will sell to you and hopefully buy back when you decide to sell. Not only do stackers, flippers, etc. deal with dealers; they also deal with each other AND strangers. Buying stuff like bars and rounds [which give the most metal for the buck] can be risky if you don't know the seller. For that reason, I'd recommend silver eagles if you are just starting out. Make sure you know whether you are getting new coins or culls/rejects which are for all intents and purposes, junk silver.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    Buy American.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ASE's are my preference....Kitco is good for charts, image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>compare silver >>

Decide how much you can/want to spend at one time and look at those places that have price breaks in that area and small or no shipping charges. JMBullion has free shipping and often has better prices if you buy 100 coins/5 rolls or more. As a FYI you can safely get 7 rolls into a small flat rate box.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys. I've been collecting for a long time but in bits and pieces. I have a chance to put a good amount of cash toward some silver for the long term so just wanted to get some input.