Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

People just love to mess with coins.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
People just love to mess with coins, I guess to either get over on drunks or other stupid people. Yesterday we bought the typical hodge-podge of coins from a walk-in and when I was sorting through them this morning I came across a Lib Nickel that was double-headed, 1912 and 1907. I thought it was sort of an interesting coin so I left it setting on the desk. A few minutes ago a "regular" came in with some junk Silver and other coins. She pushes a double-tailed Clad Half-Dollar across the desk and says "Hey, look at this" and as I picked it up I said "Hey, look at this" and slid the Nickel to her!!image

Now I am perfectly prepared to win any bet that's made on the flip of a coin.

Al H.

Comments

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife's friend came to visit from Florida. Knowing I collect coins, she brought me an old British penney for my collection. Something seemed 'not right' and I examined it closer......came apart and had a Kennedy half inside....she never knew - had it for many years.
    Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they're fun.
    I won a Merc / Wheat tails coin at an auction.
    No one else bid after their cursory $1 opener.

    "If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

    My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file