Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This is one high dollar early Lincoln Proof 'Penny' submission

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
image

Looks like he may have submitted on Economy service(over 15 business days)......these coins are not under $300.

What gives here? That's a lot of Proofs!!!


PCGS Link

Comments

  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS has the right to enforce this if they consider it abusive. Many times I have sent in coins thinking they would not be worth >$300 and then I get a nice surprise. I think they understand this, but if you send in a whole order of $1,000 valued coins, they will "notice."

    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took a month. Almost 20 business days.
    About the same time my 2 orders did, which were equivalent of regular for service tier.

    Regular services goes up to $3000 and I think they would all likely qualify...maybe a nudge here or there.

    I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭
    now if it had coin numbers 3300-3302 included...it'd be "high dollar+" submission

    looks like a crossover sub as 2 & 12 didn't cross

    shame tru-view wasn't added to peek in on their beauty

    a pricey lil batch there...i hope they travel safe as surely the submitter hopes too
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see


  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1915 65RB is a $3300 coin, hardy Economy.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be regrade or reconsideration with the time frame.

    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Could be regrade or reconsideration with the time frame. >>



    With that many certs in sequential order it's doubtful.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭
    coin #2 and #12 doesn't clarify this to be a crossover sub?
    with the "DNC"...did not cross

    crossover at reg service level...$3k cap at 15 day estimate ?
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see


  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>coin #2 and #12 doesn't clarify this to be a crossover sub?
    with the "DNC"...did not cross

    crossover at reg service level...$3k cap at 15 day estimate ? >>



    Yes. Most likely a crossover attempt.
    Yes, regular service level is $3000 cap and 15 WORKING day estimate (as I said, I just did the same thing and got back my IHC proofs and MPL....I couldn't submit under economy with those....well, I might have been able to but that isn't fair or honest so I, personally, couldn't even attempt it)

    I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭


    Do you think they are building a collection or building an auction...... image



  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice lot of cents..... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file