Home Precious Metals

How much more can the economy take...

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
of fiat money, overprinting dollars, QE 1,2,3, (4)? before there is more devaluation of PMs and everthing else.
Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a lot more than you can imagine.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>a lot more than you can imagine. >>

I agree 100%. It's relative to other economies and their currencies and with most in far deeper doo-doo than we are? We can sustain a $40 trillion National Debt and $15 trillion Fed balance sheet of new USD. Those of us still around in 2035 will see it and I am not saying it's good thing, only that it's a sure thing.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>of fiat money, overprinting dollars, QE 1,2,3, (4)? before there is more devaluation of PMs and everthing else. >>

How can the government devalue PM's? Did they figure out a way to print gold and silver?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can the government devalue PM's? Did they figure out a way to print gold and silver?

I dunno. I suppose the Fed/banking system could sell a bunch of foreclosed mortgages to the Chinese gov.com for dollars and then use the dollars to retire some Treasury debt. Of course, then the Chinese gov.com would own more land in the US.

That would raise the true value of the dollar instead of having it simply as the cleanest dirty shirt.

The other alternatives are to have every gov.com in the world sell their reserves of gold and to dictate that every silver mine in the world go to full production at costs that greatly exceed the market prices.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

• << <i>a lot more than you can imagine. >>

Then why raise taxes, why put such meager limits on benefits for the poor? If it's so easy to create money, and the confidence that is our currency can handle so much more than we could imagine, then why not just create and distribute a living amount to the citizens directly?
  • s4nys4ny Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    The world is in a deflation. That is more economically powerful than the creation of money.

If this were not the case, gold and interest rates would both be rising.

There is too much debt in the worldwide economy and that is deflationary.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The world is in a deflation. That is more economically powerful than the creation of money.

David Stockman doesn't necessarily think so.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The economy survives without us. Even when Jesus disrupted the market, the market makers just looked at him strangely. ISIS, holy wars, plagues, famines, wars, … they all create a market. Then there's silver and gold. Miners keep going down, like silver and gold.

HE>I

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dictate that every silver mine in the world go to full production at costs that greatly exceed the market prices.

Or, alternativelty, market prices for new silver bullion products could decline as more folks realize that having a big pile of silver and trying to stack more endlessly might be folly, and many holders sell into a reduced demand environment in order to spend the money on other investments and more useful things for their lives

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry